In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Add File To My Sta.sh
- The mobile website did not display in Firefox for mobile devices. Fixed by $iconocrash
- When viewing a Print preview, Wrapped Canvas Prints would not display the correct frame. Fixed by $yury-n
- Newly uploaded .ICO format files were not recognized as icons, and were unable to be submitted into the Customization > Icons categories. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- The "About" menu on one's Profile Page would be exceptionally long if the text in the "Real Name" field was long. Fixed by $adahacker
- An incorrect RSS url was given for the "Undiscovered" and "What's Hot" browse modes. Fixed by $helloandre
- Extremely tall and thin deviations would have distorted thumbnails. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- When viewing deviations in the Message Center, very long titles on some deviations could cause the "x Comments" link to be buried. Fixed by $szlosek
- On very wide monitors, the progress bar in the Donation widget was rendered incorrectly. Fixed by $iconocrash
- There was a small gradient issue on Profile Page tabs. Fixed by $helloandre
- The folder layout on one's Gallery and Favourites pages had extra margin space, causing custom backgrounds to display incorrectly. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- An extremely small number of images experienced color degradation or image inversion when a watermark was added to the image or the image was resized after submission. Fixed by $yury-n and $dgera
- The alphabet selector on the left column of the Manage Friends page did not work for deviants with a very long Friends list. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Comments made on a deviant's Gallery or Favourites page did not appear on one's Activity page. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- The "Add file to my Sta.sh" option was incorrectly appearing for logged-out visitors. Fixed by $kouiskas
- The "Link" toolbar will now edit links your caret is on. Changed by $kemayo
- Some versions of Internet Explorer were adding extra HTML markup into comments. Fixed by $kemayo
- When in HTML mode, clicking to do something that required rich mode would load a modal as expected, but the "Yes" button in that modal had to be clicked twice in order to work properly. Fixed by $kemayo
- When scrolling in the emoticon sidebar, placeholders did not refresh correctly. Fixed by $inazar
- Feedback regarding the update to the deviation page was positive.
- A few deviants mentioned that they were having a hard time locating the deviation stats, and that they actually preferred viewing them beneath the deviation itself.
- Some deviants mentioned that they were encountering internal server and search errors last week. These issues were handled by %dt, and thank you for being vigilant in informing us of the issues.