In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Image Adjustments and Cropping in deviantART muro
- The new "Adjust" panel allows you to adjust a variety of color settings, including contrast, tint, and color temperature. These changes can be applied to an individual layer or the whole image, giving you an even broader means of creating dynamic works of art!
- Crop your artwork by selecting a portion of the canvas and then selecting the "Crop to Selection" option from the Edit menu.
- Add annotations to works in progress by clicking on the yellow Annotation button in the toolbar.
- Trying to delete an item from one's Wishlist would cause an error. Fixed by $muteor
- The T-Shirts & Gear Shop was saying that everything was sold out. Fixed by `allixsenos
- A number of fixes were made to category selection when submitting a Journal from the Write a Journal Entry page. Fixed by $kemayo
- The Manage Members page of Group Admin Areas did not display properly on mobile devices. Fixed by $yury-n
- When browsing, an incorrect cursor would appear on the "Show More" link. Fixed by $shadowhand
- There were issues with using a browser's back button after visiting a deviation from a search results page. Fixed by $muteor
- The "Affiliate" button on Groups was still clickable, even if a deviant did not have permission to request affiliates. Fixed by $yury-n
- In the Message Center, the "Move" button menu would remain visible even after all items were removed. Fixed by $muteor
- Giving a Premium Membership will now trigger a thank you message for the buyer. Fixed by $yury-n
- Loading times when viewing a deviation from the More Like This section of a deviation page have been improved, and results can now be navigated using the "Previous" and "Next" buttons or your keyboard's arrow keys. Fixed by `allixsenos
- There were positioning issues for small thumbnails, such as emoticons, in More Like This on deviation pages. Fixed by `allixsenos
- Terminology used on the Share buttons on deviation pages have been updated to reflect branding guidelines for their respective websites. Fixed by `allixsenos
- The banner ad on deviation pages would display on the deviation's Edit screen, for some users. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- When browsing a Portfolio's gallery, going to the next item would initially show previous item again before displaying the correct item. Fixed by $shadowhand
- There were some visual issues when using deviantART muro while logged out and with third-party cookies disabled. Fixed by $mudimba
- In rare conditions, flipping a canvas could cause problems with saving. Fixed by $mudimba
Sta.sh / Submit
- There was an error when using "Move to Sta.sh" from inside of a stack. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Error messages about the amount of space in Sta.sh were expressed in bytes, which could be unclear. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Copying Sta.sh links from the menu that appears when hovering over a Sta.sh item was not working in Firefox. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Share button titles appearing on hover were only visible to the sta.sh item owner. Fixed by $kouiskas
- .PSD, .TIFF, and similar image file types can now be submitted as Prints. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Some users were unable to replace a file, when editing deviations. Fixed by $kouiskas
- In the Premium Content step of the submission and editing process, the modal for the Terms and Conditions was too tall. Fixed by $kouiskas
- For Beta Testers, the new method of writing Journals has been disabled for mobile devices. Fixed by $inazar
- "Show more" would always display in the Sta.sh section of the sidebar, even if there was no more to show. Fixed by $inazar
- If a user logged out and logged back in while Writer was open, the toolbar would display incorrectly. Fixed by $inazar
- Some improvements were made to the animation of the sidebar, when leaving comments in Sta.sh. Fixed by $inazar
- Literature deviations were sometimes not included in a deviant's Gallery Stats. Fixed by $inazar
- Tab characters would be translated to "nbsps" when switching to or from HTML mode. Fixed by $inazar
- For Mac users in Chrome 26, images dragged into a document would be replaced with links. Fixed by $Alisey
- Film thumbnails would display oddly when dragged or dropped. Fixed by $Alisey
- Deviants were pleased with the new tools for deviantART muro.
- Feedback regarding the Journal Portal varied. Some deviants mentioned that they didn't see a need for so many categories for Journals, and others mentioned that they weren't aware the category could be changed to begin with.
- Some deviants would like to be able to replace deviation files with files from their Sta.sh. Suggested by =Ankh-Ascendant
- Deviants would find it helpful if Polls they have voted on would indicate which option they voted for. Suggested by =Miguel-Santos