In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Image Adjustments and Cropping in deviantART muro
Last week, we launched a new set of tools for deviantART muro to Beta Testers, and thanks to the efforts of the Beta Testers in reporting bugs, and mudimba's quick work fixing those bugs, we are launching these tools to everyone!
- The new "Adjust" panel allows you to adjust a variety of color settings, including contrast, tint, and color temperature. These changes can be applied to an individual layer or the whole image, giving you an even broader means of creating dynamic works of art!
- Crop your artwork by selecting a portion of the canvas and then selecting the "Crop to Selection" option from the Edit menu.
- Add annotations to works in progress by clicking on the yellow Annotation button in the toolbar.
- Trying to delete an item from one's Wishlist would cause an error. Fixed by muteor
- The T-Shirts & Gear Shop was saying that everything was sold out. Fixed by allixsenos
- A number of fixes were made to category selection when submitting a Journal from the Write a Journal Entry page. Fixed by kemayo
- The Manage Members page of Group Admin Areas did not display properly on mobile devices. Fixed by yury-n
- When browsing, an incorrect cursor would appear on the "Show More" link. Fixed by shadowhand
- There were issues with using a browser's back button after visiting a deviation from a search results page. Fixed by muteor
- The "Affiliate" button on Groups was still clickable, even if a deviant did not have permission to request affiliates. Fixed by yury-n
- In the Message Center, the "Move" button menu would remain visible even after all items were removed. Fixed by muteor
- Giving a Premium Membership will now trigger a thank you message for the buyer. Fixed by yury-n
- Loading times when viewing a deviation from the More Like This section of a deviation page have been improved, and results can now be navigated using the "Previous" and "Next" buttons or your keyboard's arrow keys. Fixed by allixsenos
- There were positioning issues for small thumbnails, such as emoticons, in More Like This on deviation pages. Fixed by allixsenos
- Terminology used on the Share buttons on deviation pages have been updated to reflect branding guidelines for their respective websites. Fixed by allixsenos
- The banner ad on deviation pages would display on the deviation's Edit screen, for some users. Fixed by ZombieCoder
- When browsing a Portfolio's gallery, going to the next item would initially show previous item again before displaying the correct item. Fixed by shadowhand
- There were some visual issues when using deviantART muro while logged out and with third-party cookies disabled. Fixed by mudimba
- In rare conditions, flipping a canvas could cause problems with saving. Fixed by mudimba
Sta.sh / Submit
- There was an error when using "Move to Sta.sh" from inside of a stack. Fixed by shadowhand
- Error messages about the amount of space in Sta.sh were expressed in bytes, which could be unclear. Fixed by kouiskas
- Copying Sta.sh links from the menu that appears when hovering over a Sta.sh item was not working in Firefox. Fixed by kouiskas
- Share button titles appearing on hover were only visible to the sta.sh item owner. Fixed by kouiskas
- .PSD, .TIFF, and similar image file types can now be submitted as Prints. Fixed by kouiskas
- Some users were unable to replace a file, when editing deviations. Fixed by kouiskas
- In the Premium Content step of the submission and editing process, the modal for the Terms and Conditions was too tall. Fixed by kouiskas
- For Beta Testers, the new method of writing Journals has been disabled for mobile devices. Fixed by inazar
- "Show more" would always display in the Sta.sh section of the sidebar, even if there was no more to show. Fixed by inazar
- If a user logged out and logged back in while Writer was open, the toolbar would display incorrectly. Fixed by inazar
- Some improvements were made to the animation of the sidebar, when leaving comments in Sta.sh. Fixed by inazar
- Literature deviations were sometimes not included in a deviant's Gallery Stats. Fixed by inazar
- Tab characters would be translated to "nbsps" when switching to or from HTML mode. Fixed by inazar
- For Mac users in Chrome 26, images dragged into a document would be replaced with links. Fixed by Alisey
- Film thumbnails would display oddly when dragged or dropped. Fixed by Alisey
Thank you for the feedback left on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- Deviants were pleased with the new tools for deviantART muro.
- Feedback regarding the Journal Portal varied. Some deviants mentioned that they didn't see a need for so many categories for Journals, and others mentioned that they weren't aware the category could be changed to begin with.
- Some deviants would like to be able to replace deviation files with files from their Sta.sh. Suggested by Ankh-Ascendant
- Deviants would find it helpful if Polls they have voted on would indicate which option they voted for. Suggested by Miguel-Santos
Comments on Gallery Folders and Favourites
Comments can be left on Gallery and Favourites folders, for both individuals and Groups. How often do you receive comments on your Gallery or Favourites? Do you often make comments on others' folders? Do you find this feature useful? If so, what do you find it useful for?