In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
Autocomplete for Mentions
We've just launched an addition to the Mentions feature that makes interaction easier than ever!
When using @ to Mention a deviant or Group, a list will now appear in a menu while you type that includes deviants and Groups you +Watch, deviants who have already commented in the conversation, as well as deviants who have the exact username that you have already typed in, if applicable. This addition makes conversation more dynamic than ever, as communication becomes even easier.
Please note that this feature is only available on places where the "Add Media" button is available (comments, deviation descriptions, Journals, etc.).
- The Message Center counter would consistently show one extra message. Fixed by shadowhand
- Submitting text files to Scraps would not trigger Message Center notifications for watchers. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Browse page settings were broken on the mobile website. Fixed by yury-n
- When editing a deviation, the description box's preview settings would be opposite of what the Preview button said. Fixed by yumeruby
- Error messages would not display when uploading an image to the deviantID widget. Fixed by szlosek
- Thumbnails could be stretched in the Featured Prints widget on the Prints tab of the Profile Page. Fixed by shadowhand
- There were visual issues with the Checkout buttons. Fixed by yumeruby
- Text symbols would display when previewing a Note. Fixed by fartprincess
- Opening the "Send a Note" link on one's Profile page in a new tab would result in an error page. Fixed by shadowhand
- Under some conditions, rapidly clicking the "Next" or "Previous" buttons on one's Journal History widget would result in an error. Fixed by DEVlANT
- For some deviants, the Birthday notifications counter would display as a negative number. Fixed by shadowhand
- Prices would not display when viewing one's own Commissions widget. Fixed by yumeruby
- Group names were not clickable in the Groups Portal. Fixed by szlosek
- For a brief period, the "Edit with Sta.sh Writer" and "Edit in deviantART muro" buttons were missing on Sta.sh documents. Fixed by szlosek and helloandre
- Extending the text area in the "Send a Note" modal on Profile Pages made it impossible to access some navigation elements. Fixed by shadowhand
- There was a slight visual error in the Groups and Notes sections of the Message Center that created an unnecessary horizontal scrollbar. Fixed by yumeruby
- Removing multiple Featured Groups from a Group's Affiliates widget did not always work properly. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Old text symbols were appearing when clicking "Original" on a reply in the Message Center. Fixed by szlosek
- Using double quotations in a Gift message when sending another deviant a Premium Membership would make the text in the Message Center notification display incorrectly. Fixed by yumeruby
- Some .png files were being falsely recognized as transparent images. Fixed by shadowhand
- Internet Explorer 11 would not register as the correct browser, and would display with the "Upgrade your Browser" banner. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Uploading an animated avatar file while one's browser was set to zoom in past 100% would sometimes result in a submission error due to incompatible dimensions. Fixed by shadowhand
- When a stat on one's Profile Page was zero, the number would not display. Fixed by szlosek
- Font selection was not working properly for the annotation tool and text brush. Fixed by mudimba
- There were some layout issues in Internet Explorer 11. Fixed by inazar
- Images were shifting when multiple files were selected and then hovered over. Fixed by drommk
- The description box on Sta.sh items wouldn't render properly. Fixed by helloandre
- In rare cases, deleting the first item in a Sta.sh stack might result in deleting the entire stack. Fixed by kouiskas
- Various minor fixes and adjustments were made to the Autocomplete feature. Fixed by kemayo
- In some instances, the "Edit in Sta.sh Writer" button could appear multiple times in the sidebar of a deviation. Fixed by inazar
- When writing a deviation description, allow the underlying textarea to be resized. Fixed by inazar
- Internet Explorer 11 would not register as an Internet Explorer browser, and as such the Add Media button was not available. Fixed by inazar
- In rare conditions, non-ASCII characters would be included in text-based deviations, causing encoding errors. Fixed by Alisey
Thank you for the feedback left on last week's Site Update! Here's some of the feedback you left for us.
- Deviants were positive in response to Autocomplete being launched to Beta Testers.
- Feedback regarding the Discuss topic varied. Several deviants mentioned that they like the Gallery Stats page, but that they would like more filters to view stats in.
- Rakceyen and rotane suggested that being able to view more specific timeframes for stats would make data more valuable to them. TarynNefdt mentioned that tracking referring websites would be helpful, and SenshiStock suggested a tracking method to see what deviants search for in one's Gallery.
- Deviants would like a Sta.sh Writer option in the Submit menu. Suggested by Shadowweb101
- Some deviants would like to be able to see a deviant's most recent deviation by hovering over their username while browsing the site. Suggested by Ichigo-Smoothie
Have you tried out the new autocomplete feature for Mentions? Let us know what you think of it!
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)