In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
- Movember has begun!
- When on Browse in one's own Gallery, the page would act as though the deviation order could be changed. Fixed by aMoniker
- When submitting or editing Prints, disabling the first size of product type would appear to disable the entire entire product type. Fixed by KnightAR
- Improvements were made to user data validation when purchasing items. Fixed by shadowhand
- Text wrapping was flawed in some areas. Fixed by shahyarg
- Several improvements were made to modals throughout the site. Fixed by aMoniker
- For a brief period, the Submission Policy, +Watch and deviation picker modals had errors in Internet Explorer. Fixed by yury-n, aMoniker, and muteor
- Help information on the Shop page would render off page. Fixed by aMoniker
- The deactivation process was briefly not working. Fixed by aMoniker
- Banned and deactivated accounts now display an error page and return a "This account is inactive" message. Changed by yury-n
- Suspended accounts now display an error page and return a "This deviant has been suspended" message. Changed by yury-n
- Some visual aspects of site were non functional in IE8. Fixed by shadowhand
- Improvements were made to usability for most modals on the mobile site. Fixed by aMoniker
- An incorrect sensor size would show for some images taken with Canon cameras. Fixed by aMoniker
- Scrolling on deviation pages using a mouse's middle click would incorrectly be interpreted as dragging the art into one's Favourites. Fixed by shahyarg
- When giving a Badge or Points in Opera, the "done" button did not work. Fixed by shahyarg
- The current balance display on the Points page would not update after using the "give Points" modal. Fixed by aMoniker
- Some users with saved browse settings that are no longer in use would experience internal server errors. Fixed by banks
- A horizontal scroll bar would appear on zoomed-in items of a certain size. Fixed by kouiskas
- Logging out of Sta.sh did not always log out of deviantART. Fixed by adahacker
- In Sta.sh Writer's sidebar, thumbs would jump to the side if dragged. Fixed by kemayo
- Sta.sh Writer would incorrectly detect random text as HTML tags. Fixed by kemayo
- Double spacing after a URL in journals would make the word that followed disappear. Fixed by kemayo
- Image alignment problems would occur header tags. Fixed by kemayo
- The "Add Link" toolbar item wouldn't close correctly. Fixed by inazar
Thanks very much for the feedback left on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- Several members mentioned that they were unfamiliar with submitting deviations exclusively to Groups, though the deviants who were familiar with the feature said they found it useful for submitting content intended to be used specifically for that Group.
- Some deviants would like to be able to include images within their literature submissions. Suggested by Jestloo
- Deviants would like a way to collaborate using deviantART muro. Suggested by Metacat66
- Some members would like an "Edit with deviantART Muro" button for their posted deviations. Suggested by kittyhawk-contrail
- Deviants would like a pencil tool for deviantART muro. Suggested by Que-ink
- Some members would like to be able to set priority for some of the deviants they watch, so that those messages show up higher in their Message Center. Suggested by Soniclink137
Representing Yourself on Your Profile
How do you represent yourself as an artist or art appreciator using your Profile? Do you change your settings frequently? Are you more inclined to leave settings as they are and allow new content to be what updates your page? Do you feel that your avatar and deviantID are an important part of representing yourself as an artist?