In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
- All thumbnails on deviantART now use CSS shadows instead of images. Fixed by kouiskas
- Pagination for the Watchers widget on one's Profile Page did not work properly. Fixed by szlosek
- In rare cases, deleted Gallery Folders would continue to display. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Print submission was not available when using the desktop site on a mobile device. Fixed by yury-n
- The Admins widget on Group Profiles would always display the default way, even if that Group had set a custom order for the widget. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The Countdown widget for Groups had some overlap problems. Fixed by szlosek
- When editing one's Commissions Widget, it would automatically focus on the description when opened. Fixed by helloandre
- The Download button on Literature deviations would erroneously display a resolution size. Fixed by szlosek
- In Internet Explorer 9, the tabs on the top of the Profile Page would have a black background. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Print descriptions were formatted differently from deviation descriptions. Fixed by iconocrash
- A small number of newly registered deviants were unable to comment. Fixed by muteor
- When no more apps were available to install on a Group page, the icon for adding apps would still appear. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The Friends menu in the top right corner of the site would sometimes duplicate usernames if double-clicked to open. Fixed by fartprincess
- When trying to navigate past the total number of pages for some sections of the site (such as Comments), the error message would be unclear. Fixed by DEVlANT
- A user's Browse preference settings could be changed by performing a keyword search. Fixed by helloandre
- Some critiques containing emoticons were incorrectly formatted and not displayed properly in the Message Center. Fixed by szlosek
- The "Authorize" button on the Apps & Uploads section of the Settings page did not work. Fixed by muteor
- Newly submitted PNG images were erroneously detected as transparent for a short period. Fixed by muteor and shadowhand
- Some areas on one's Gallery Stats page would consistently display usernames as lowercase. Fixed by fartprincess
Sta.sh / Submit
- When dragging an item and scrolling at the same time, the content that would show up when scrolled to would appear to be added to the dragged item. Fixed by kouiskas
- Under some circumstances, some items would unintentionally end up in more than one Gallery Folder when submitted. Fixed by kouiskas
- The left and right arrow keys would not always navigate from one Sta.sh item to another when browsing in another deviant's stack, because Sta.sh Writer would take its focus. Fixed by inazar
- There were some page jumping issues in Mobile Safari. Fixed by inazar
- There were some markup issues when in HTML mode. Fixed by kemayo
- Dragging styled page elements into Writer in browsers other than Google Chrome would result in unallowed styles being included in the Writer document. Fixed by kemayo
Thank you for the feedback left on last week's update! Here's some of what you had to say:
- Feedback regarding the "Add file to my Sta.sh" button was mixed. Some deviants voiced concern file security, while others mentioned that files in Sta.sh are private until you share the link to begin with.
- Responses to the Discuss topic varied. Some of the use cases mentioned include using Sta.sh as a means of sharing works in progress or delivering completed work for commissioners, as an area to prepare Journals and events for Groups, or as a place to share their art with friends prior to submitting to deviantART.
- Some deviants would like Share buttons to be available for Blogger and WordPress. Suggested by sira
Group Gallery Settings
For those of you who help administrate Groups, have you ever changed the Group's Gallery Submission settings from the default options? If so, what have you changed, and why? Did you find the process of changing it easy to navigate?