In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
- The login modal would not appear on some pages, which would instead redirect logged out deviants to the login page. Fixed by shadowhand
- When a Group Gallery had only one publicly visible folder and other folders visible only to certain Group Administrators, the Gallery was still displayed in rows for all deviants. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Some transparent .png deviations were not properly detected as transparent. Fixed by yumeruby
- When creating a new folder in one's Notes, two folders with the same name would be created, instead of just one. Fixed by fartprincess
- The displayed file size of a literature deviation would not change after being updated with a larger file size. Fixed by shadowhand
- Group Notes were briefly inaccessible to Group administrators. Fixed by fartprincess
- The Purchase modal for downloadable content would display twice when logging in with a new account. Fixed by shadowhand
- For Beta Testers, an error would occur when moving one stack into another stack that already contained a stack inside of it with the same name. Fixed by drommk
- Publishing Journals to Groups could trigger a "Please try again later - Uncaught Exception" alert. Fixed by kouiskas
- Some promotional deviantART messages were not displaying correctly or closing properly. Fixed by kemayo
- When commenting on a Sta.sh item in Firefox while on a smaller screen, the text area would be cut off. Fixed by inazar
- In Internet Explorer 11, extra blank spaces at the end of a comment would be replaced with an HTML line break. Fixed by inazar
- When using the Add Media tool to write a deviation description, the auto-save function would trigger very frequently and cause performance issues. Fixed by inazar
- Under some conditions, pasting a broken URL into Sta.sh Writer would cause errors when trying to view that document after saving. Fixed by Alisey
- Deviants were positive about the launch of nested stacks in Sta.sh to Beta Testers.
- Responses to the Discuss topic varied, although several deviants mentioned organizing their Gallery Folders based on subject or medium.
- Some of the resource providers who commented said that they organize their resources in sets through their Gallery Folders.
Today is Thanksgiving Day here in the U.S., and while it is not an international holiday, we want to thank all of you from around the world for being a part of the deviantART community. Your interest and involvement in deviantART inspires us each and every day, and we are grateful for the creativity you share.
With that said, we'd like to hear about the deviants you are thankful for! Be it a deviant who regularly views and comments on your artwork, an artist who gave you critique that helped you improve, or a friend you've made on deviantART, we want to get to know the people that have your gratitude. Tell us a bit about a deviant important to you in the comments on this article, and share a bit about why you're grateful for them!
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)