In the coming months, you may notice that the weekly Change Log is shorter than usual. This is because we're hard at work on a variety of major projects, and our development teams are focusing their energy almost solely in these areas. Stay tuned, as we'll have more exciting information on those projects in the next few weeks!
We will still be addressing bug reports during this time, so if you encounter any bugs, please do file a Bug Report about it at the Help Desk.
- On the mobile website, all comments were briefly displaying as Featured by Owner. Fixed by inazar
- Uploading images for avatars and the deviantID widget was briefly broken. Fixed by randomduck
- Deviants were positive about the addition of editing comments.
- Some deviants voiced concern regarding abuse of the Hide Comment feature. As a reminder in cases like this, if you feel that someone is using the comment system to leave comments that are against our Etiquette Policy, then please file a Policy Inquiry about it at the Help Desk.
- Responses to the Discuss topic varied. Generally, deviants mentioned that the advice they would give is to leave good feedback for artists, comments that are to the point but also considerate and constructive.
- In response to the Discuss topic, Eldr-Fire's advice was to be sure not to make your comments about you, but rather about the art you're commenting on, as that will be the most helpful for the artist.
Works In Progress
Do you post works in progress to deviantART? Are you comfortable with posting works in progress to your main Gallery, or do you post to your Scraps? Do you upload them to Sta.sh to share with other artists whose feedback you value first, or are you more inclined to post them publicly?
(WIP by JW-Jeong)
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)