In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Introducing Commissions on deviantART
Brush Updates for deviantART muro
- We've been beta testing a text brush that is now released to everyone. You can paint on your canvas with words, and there's a large variety of fonts to choose from!
- Based on a suggestion by WilloughbyArevalo, we've also added to the eraser tool, so that you can erase using some of the same stylistic brushes that you use to draw! This allows for an even more dynamic creation experience with deviantART muro.
- The Collections sidebar of one's Favourites page could not be re-arranged in Google Chrome. Fixed by shahyarg
- There were some minor issues with dragging thumbnails in some browsers. Fixed by shahyarg
- Custom Gallery Folder icons were overlapping when viewed in Firefox. Fixed by shahyarg
Sta.sh / New Submit
- When using the left and right arrow keys to browse through stacks, sometimes the image would shift. Fixed by drommk
- The "remember settings" option didn't work properly if "My Scrapbook" or "My Journal" was selected. Fixed by drommk
- Under rare circumstances, a "loading editor failed" error would occur. Fixed by drommk
- Embed codes for film and deviantART muro redraws stopped working in Writer, and would instead disappear. Fixed by kemayo
- For Sta.sh comments, if the comment was posted with an unclosed HTML tag, the comment would display as cut off in Internet Explorer. Fixed by inazar
- Sta.sh Writer would delete skinned journal entry contents when editing in Internet Explorer. Fixed by Alisey
- An extra empty line was added when splitting up a blockquote. Fixed by Alisey
- Feedback regarding the changes made to literature thumbnails with preview images was largely positive.
- In addition, some deviants mentioned that they would like to add preview images to literature deviations submitted through Sta.sh Writer, as well. For reference, this is something we do intend to implement in the future!
- Some deviants would like a word count to display in Sta.sh Writer. Suggested by ohsparrowsong