In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Commissions on deviantART (Beta Testers)
The deviantART community is full of talented artists and art appreciators looking to commission custom artwork. We’re excited to announce that we’re launching Commissions on deviantART to all Beta Testers, a feature that connects artists with clients, creating custom artwork in exchange for real earnings.
Please note: Currently, the Commissions widget can only be installed by Beta Testers, but everyone has the ability to request a Commission from Beta Testers during this testing period.
- The "More" links on the right side of a Group's Gallery did not always display properly. Fixed by shahyarg
- Blackberry's BB10 browser was not identified as a modern browser by the new mobile site. Fixed by shadowhand
- For some Order Details pages, an 'unknown' status would display. Fixed by yury-n
- deviantART muro deviations were not allowed to be submitted into the deviantID category. Fixed by shahyarg
- Journal submission validation errors were small and barely noticeable. Fixed by helloandre
- The 'other groups' area of the Favourites drop-down menu would not show when a deviant was scrolled down the page. Fixed by shahyarg
- Some of the wording on the Manage Deviations page was confusing. Fixed by yury-n
- The "Drag and Collect" overlay was off-center for literature thumbnails. Fixed by shahyarg
- Deviants who were logged into deviantART but hadn't visited Sta.sh in a while were told that they needed to log in. Fixed by mudimba
Sta.sh / New Submit
- In Sta.sh, very wide deviations weren't fully visible when fully zoomed. Fixed by adahacker
- Clicking on the Beautiful Creatures Light or Dark Contest submission link did not automatically populate the category properly for the new Submit page. Fixed by adahacker
- It was impossible to submit to Scraps when trying to submit exclusively to a Group. Fixed by kouiskas
- Clicking "Submit" wouldn't always trigger a submission attempt, if done while auto-saving. Fixed by adahacker
- For some deviation types, editing a deviation wouldn't give the creator the option to notify their watchers. Fixed by adahacker
- For Sta.sh comments, switching between comment boxes would cause glitches. Fixed by inazar
- Sta.sh Writer's sidebar did not let deviants use their Groups' journal skins. Fixed by Alisey
- Including literature deviations in Sta.sh comments did not work if the original deviation had Sharing disabled. Fixed by Alisey
- Blockquotes did not end after hitting enter. Fixed by Alisey