In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
New Deviation Page Testing
The New Profile Tabs
New Journal Category Tree
In our continuous quest to improve the deviantART experience, we have made some changes to the Journal categories that have resulted in a much more condensed and simplified group of selections. The simplification of categories will make the Journal submission process even easier, and make it easier to browse and find Journals you love.
The old category tree was trying to be too specific, which in turn made it tough to find the right category to submit to. The new categories are meant to be clearer, broader, and more inclusive. Starting today, all existing Journals will be migrated to the new category tree.
Visual Uplift to deviantART muro
- A curse word in a style sheet title caused the site to be blocked by some overzealous security systems. Fixed by dt
- When browsing a deviant's Gallery by category, there was no way to browse subcategories. Fixed by shadowhand
- Some visual issues would occur on Profile Pages on the mobile website. Fixed by shadowhand
- The +Watch button did not work in Internet Explorer 8. Fixed by szlosek
- Users were unable to purchase 1-month subscriptions through PayPal. Fixed by sgrahamUK
- The DeviantMEETs category did not allow .PNG files. Fixed by iconocrash
- The "Remove from Messages" button on deviation pages did not always work when on touch devices. Fixed by fartprincess
- When viewing Prints, changing the aspect ratio would not update the preview image. Fixed by helloandre
- Pagination was missing for the "Who Faved this?" modal on the mobile website. Fixed by muteor
- The total given for the number of deviations displaying on the last page of a Browse or Search result would be incorrect. Fixed by helloandre
- If the first item in a stack in the Message Center said "This Deviation is no longer available", deleting the full stack would not work. Fixed by DEVlANT
- For a brief period, Scheduled Submit would not submit deviations at the time scheduled. Fixed by randomduck
- When viewing an RSS feed for Journals, it would contain non-Journal deviations. Fixed by kemayo
- Browsing using the "Next" and "Previous" buttons wasn't working in some instances for logged out visitors. Fixed by shahyarg
Sta.sh / Submit
- Uploading new files in the sidebar of deviantART muro or Sta.sh Writer would create a thumbnail image that would display in front of the upload button. Fixed by drommk
- Scrolling through files in the sidebar of deviantART muro or Sta.sh Writer after uploading files would make the newly uploaded thumbnails disappear. Fixed by drommk
- If one submitted a deviation and then refreshed the Submit page, there would occasionally be a "Success!" message, which should only display for scheduled deviations. Fixed by drommk
- Hovering over a stack to view its contents briefly stopped working. Fixed by kouiskas
- Feedback regarding keywords was generally positive. A few deviants voiced concern about how the keywords will be displayed, which is something that our UI team is working on at this time.
- Some deviants voiced concern regarding users' real names now displaying as part of a browser tab's label. To clarify, this is based on what you input into the "Real Name" field that is already public on the deviantID widget on your Profile Page. This is something that you can change or remove yourself, if you don't want it to display, or would rather it display a nickname.