In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Update to the Deviation Page
Changes include making More From This Artist more prominent, renaming More Like This to More From deviantART and moving it beneath More From This Artist, as well as a visual uplift to the sidebar as a whole.
Share Bigger Artwork on Facebook
Please note: This change is gradually being rolled out by Facebook, so it may not be immediately available.
- Gallery Folder icons were not properly aligned for deviants viewing their own gallery, making it difficult to edit one's folders. Fixed by helloandre
- Some messages in the Group Activity section of the Message Center displayed an "Unable to display membership status" error. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The "New Folder" button appeared in Gallery subfolders, even though it could not be be used there. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The arrow menu on messages in the Message Center would sometimes extend off of the page. Fixed by muteor
- If a deviant created a folder and named it "Featured", that folder would not display. Fixed by DEVlANT
Sta.sh / Submit
- Deleting the last item in a stack wouldn't delete the stack. Fixed by kouiskas
- On the Submit page, Sta.sh hovercards would display inside the "Select File from Sta.sh" modal. Fixed by kouiskas
- Long titles would break the layout of Sta.sh when displayed inside modals (such as the "Select File from Sta.sh" modal). Fixed by kouiskas
- "No Preview" thumbnails would not display properly when displayed inside modals. Fixed by kouiskas
- When editing a Sta.sh item's title, it was possible to drag and drop images into the edit box, leading to broken-looking titles until the mouse was moved away from that file's thumbnail. Fixed by kouiskas
- When merging one stack into another stack through Sta.sh's delta API, it was unclear which stack was merged and which stack was kept. Fixed by kouiskas
- Sta.sh Writer would appear when adding or editing descriptions in Sta.sh, and on the Submit page. Fixed by inazar
- Feedback regarding the new Suggestions Forum was generally positive, though some deviants mentioned wanting replies to appear nested.
- Deviants also mentioned wanting replies on the Suggestions Forum to appear in their Message Center rather than being notified by email.
- Some deviants would like their online status to only be visible to deviants they have added to their Friends List. Suggested by Whetsit-Tuya