Film & Animation Improvements
Film Submission Through Sta.sh
Film Deviation Page Changes
We've upgraded the layout of Film deviation pages to be more consistent with the rest of deviantART's deviation pages!
While a film is playing, the artist's comments and comments left by other deviants will disappear, so that you can focus on the film without distraction or outside interference. As you reach a point in the film where other users have left annotations, these annotations will appear briefly, and then disappear again.
When the video is paused, you'll be prompted with a comment box, so that you can leave annotations at specific points within the film, just like you could before this upgrade. This allows for an up-to-date look and feel without compromising functionality. In addition, comments left as annotations will include the time the comment was left, as easy reference for any deviant reading through the comments!
HTML Improvements to Sta.sh Writer
To make Sta.sh Writer a better experience for anyone who uses it, we have made Sta.sh Writer into a "what you see is what you type" editor, which means that you can seamlessly use both the WYSIWYG editor and your own custom HTML at the same time! Any HTML you type will be retained for easy editing, even after you save your work!
- For a small number of users with an extremely high number of Gallery Folders or Collections, the Gallery and/or Favourites pages weren't loading correctly. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- Group Invitations and Join Requests were available for sets that were not opened for joining for some groups, resulting in error. Fixed by $randomduck
- The URL of downloaded image deviations could be better represented in the location bar of webkit browsers. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- When editing non-image deviations, it was possible to turn on watermarks, which made no sense. Fixed by `KnightAR
- In the Premium Content modal, the Download & Purchase button was getting cropped off screen in Firefox. Fixed by `shahyarg
- Some modal windows (such as Give Points and +Watch) and Group widget layouts briefly broke. Fixed by $drommk
- The pencil menu on user Galleries was out of place. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- Pagination was not working in the "Recent Journal Entries" widget. Fixed by `shahyarg
- The Publish Entry button on the Journal page was briefly not working in IE9.
- The category selector was broken for a short period. Fixed by $kouiskas
- When opening small items in sta.sh, they appeared zoomable when they were already displayed at the maximum size. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Items that were undeletable and dislayed "deleted content" as their title have been cleaned up. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Journals submitted through the old Journal Entry page now get the same rules applied to their title as Journals submitted through Sta.sh Writer. Fixed by $Alisey
- Several users liked the Creator Comment feature added to film pages, and some users mentioned that they would like to see it used everywhere on site. However, some users mentioned having issues with the Creator label. ~Negai-Boshi and a few other users mentioned that the color of the button is a bit too bold, and that a lighter color may be more ideal.
- Some users mentioned that the Creator label wasn't necessary, but the brighter comment color was distinguishing enough, while others said that the Creator label was enough, and the color change was unnecessary.
- Many users liked the suggestion regarding a filter to find works with Creative Commons licenses, and feedback regarding a higher limit for avatar file size was unanimously positive.
- Deviants would like a notification of how much time is left before they can submit to a Group again. Suggested by ~AnkaAI3
- Members would like a way to add text to deviantART muro. Suggested by ~SuperRandomTurnip
- An auto-save feature for Notes would be beneficial. Suggested by ~Arisu-Ami-Chan
- Deviants would like for comments to auto-update when new comments are posted. Suggested by ~DerpyDashHooves1876