In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
DeviantART is Hiring
DeviantART is hiring a Product Marketing Assistant. This is a full-time position where you get to work with our team in our Hollywood, California office.
A Product Marketing Assistant provides an invaluable service to the organization and truly helps define the vision for new site initiatives, and plays a pivotal role in managing the flow of bringing them to market. This position works closely with the heads of deviantART's Marketing and Product divisions and is a position for someone who is already familiar with how deviantART works -- understands the community, and genuinely wants to help develop and promote features and services that aid artists and art enthusiasts.
Read the full job listing and learn how to apply »
- The Favourite icon would not always display properly. Fixed by muteor
- The Emoticon Dictionary was broken in the Forums. Fixed by shahyarg
- An error could occur when installing a widget on a Profile or Group page into the same zone where a different widget was recently removed. Fixed by shahyarg
- If a Group Journal was submitted from the Group's Journal page (submitted by the Group, rather than by an individual deviant), the icon would be squished to 50x50 pixels, rather than the standard 100x50 pixel size for Group icons. Fixed by shadowhand
- Improvements were made to the file upload for Application submissions. Fixed by shahyarg
- Dragging a Gallery Folder to change their order would incorrectly activate the Collection bar. Fixed by shahyarg
- An invisible button was present on newly installed Commissions Widgets that would prevent the other buttons from being clicked. Fixed by helloandre
- Owners of chatrooms on the Chat network can now unlist and delete their chatrooms themselves. Fixed by shahyarg
- Facebook and Twitter Share widgets in official Journals did not always work when the article was reached using the "Next" and "Previous" buttons. Fixed by shadowhand
Sta.sh / Submit
- For Beta Testers, the deviation title is now clickable in the "Submission successful" popup message. Fixed by kouiskas
- Filenames of a certain length were getting cut off once uploaded. Fixed by kouiskas
- The submit page was broken for 2 hours over the weekend. Fixed by allixsenos
- Internet Explorer 10 will now display thumbnails right away when the upload starts, like other modern web browsers. Fixed by kouiskas
- The Submit page was appearing blank for some deviants. Fixed by kouiskas
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- Feedback regarding the Twitter widget update was positive.
- Deviants were generally positive about Commission Ratings, though some deviants voiced concerns. To clarify further, the only people who could leave a rating for an artist are those who have purchased a Commission from that artist through the Commissions Widget.
- Torotix and Ankh-Ascendant suggested a method of leaving extended feedback in text, in addition to star ratings.
- Responses to the Discuss topic varied, though several deviants mentioned that they share art they find with friends via IM or by sending a Note.
- Thank you for your feedback regarding Promoted. Please remember that we're only interested in sending Promoted messages we believe are relevant and valuable. As such, we will remain extremely mindful when considering which messages are sent and how often.
- Some deviants would like Polls to be immediately removed from the Message Center after voting. Suggested by squidlifecrisis
Have you ever posted (or do you regularly post) art features on deviantART? If so, how do you select the artwork you feature? Do you find the process of creating an art feature to be easy? What do you feel would make the process easier for you?