In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
Introducing the New Gallery Framed Print
We are proud to announce the Gallery Frame, our newest addition to an already stellar line of Prints Shop products.
DeviantART's new Gallery Frames are an alluring yet durable option for collectors looking to preserve the art they love. In addition to its elegant design and protective qualities, Gallery Frames are also our least expensive framing option, ranging from about $25 to $75!
Writing Descriptions with Sta.sh Writer (Beta Testers)
As part of our initiative to make formatting and conversation easier and more dynamic, you can now use the Add Media tool to add content and formatting to deviation descriptions, Sta.sh item descriptions, and Sta.sh stack descriptions!
- Mentions did not appear in the proper order in the "All Messages" section of the Message Center. Fixed by $randomduck
- Navigation on the recurring payment confirmation page for PayPal was confusing. Fixed by $yury-n
- A small number of users had a blank stack of Reply messages in their Message Centers which they could not remove. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- Searching did not work in the "Design Challenges" category. Fixed by $helloandre
- It was impossible to remove the first thumbnail when editing one's Commissions widget. Fixed by $inazar
- Some links and buttons throughout the site still displayed the old username symbols. Fixed by $fartprincess
- Hover bubbles were sticking on the new username symbols. Fixed by $yury-n
- Long group names would wrap on deviation pages. Fixed by $fartprincess
- There were some grammatical issues with the Critique box on the deviation page. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- The "Buy This Print" button on deviation pages was colored slightly differently than the rest of the buttons on the page. Fixed by $iconocrash
- Group icons were not clickable in the "Featured In…" section of the sidebar on deviation pages. Fixed by $fartprincess
- Internal links would appear bold in all Journal Skins, regardless of the skin's coding. Fixed by $fartprincess
- There were labeling inconsistencies between the hover text, help modal and Profile Page displays of the new username symbols. Fixed by $yury-n
- Pagination was briefly broken for the Friends, Watchers and Groups Widgets. Fixed by $szlosek
- There were various alignment and sizing issues with the new username symbols. Fixed by $fartprincess
- The Welcome Tour page would erroneously link to nonexistent pages. Fixed by $iconocrash
- Adding Points to one's cart did not work for a short period. Fixed by $yury-n
- Under very rare circumstances, unusual HTML markup in a Journal could cause one's Profile Page to not display. Fixed by $DEVlANT $kemayo and $kojik1010
- .GIF images would not display properly in apps using the oEmbed API. Fixed by $szlosek
- The "Resend verification email" option was missing from the verification page. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- Under certain conditions, options on the Manage Friends page could default to being unchecked, even after manually being changed. Fixed by $DEVlANT
Sta.sh / Submit
- When sharing a stack on Facebook, there wouldn't be a thumbnail displayed. Fixed by $kouiskas
- When sharing a stack url after editing a stack, the URL would redirect to the wrong location when viewed by someone else. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Uploading wouldn't work properly in the main Sta.sh area. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Image resizing buttons were not appearing on short thumbnails, even if there was enough space for them to display. Fixed by $inazar
- For some Windows users, Sta.sh Writer would lack a scrollbar if the document was too tall. Fixed by $inazar
- Clicking on a section title in Sta.sh Writer's sidebar would not reload that section. Fixed by $inazar
- The align attribute was mistakenly allowed in comments. Fixed by $inazar
- Outgoing link icons were causing problems with images in some skins, and will now only appear if there's text content inside the link. Fixed by $kemayo
- Feedback regarding the new username symbols was mixed. Common feedback was in regard to the symbol size or placement, and the lack of symbols for regular deviants.
- Deviants were positive about the launch of Mentions.
- Some deviants said that they dislike the icons displayed next to outgoing links.
- In response to the Discuss topic, deviants mentioned that they generally prefer browsing Newest or Undiscovered rather than browsing What's Hot. A few deviants mentioned not being sure of the difference between What's Hot and Popular.
Deviant and Art Mentions
were launched to all deviants last week, and we've since seen deviants being pulled into new and inspiring conversations like never before. Have you mentioned a deviant's art, or has your artwork been mentioned? How frequently do you find yourself mentioning others, or being mentioned by others?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)