DeviantART no longer supports Internet Explorer 8
The Internet is an ever-changing place, and the new capabilities made available in major browser releases allow developers (at deviantART and elsewhere online) to build faster, more stable and secure technology.
When you use an outdated browser to visit deviantART — or any other site — the site doesn't always work as intended. We stop accepting bug reports for those browsers over time, as it's time consuming for our developers and hinders the advancement of the site as a whole.
For some time now, Internet Explorer 8 has made up a very small portion of traffic, yet contributed disproportionately to bug reports. With this in mind, we are henceforth dropping support for it.
We strongly encourage that you always use the latest version of your favorite browser, to ensure that you can see all the Web has to offer.
- The Llama Trade page was temporarily closed to address some abuse concerns. The page has since been reinstated. Fixed by DEVlANT and ArtBIT
- The "Next Page" button for deviation comments would not work for some deviations if reached using the "Previous" and "Next" buttons when browsing deviations. Fixed by ultramouse
- When browsing deviations using the "Previous" and "Next" buttons, the "Remove From Messages" button would disappear if the browser's back button was used. Fixed by duraseb
- If a URL was typed as www.username.deviantart.com, it would not redirect to username.deviantart.com. Fixed by DEVlANT
- It was not possible to include a title on comments on cake badges for a short period. Fixed by ultramouse
- For Chrome users, when trying to select several deviations in one's Gallery or Favourites, selecting by using ctrl+click (command+click for Mac users) Selecting multiple deviation with 'ctrl' in Chrome in users gallery or faves no longer worked. Fixed by duraseb
- For published deviations that were previously located in Sta.sh, trying to view the comments left in Sta.sh did not work properly. Fixed by ultramouse
- For a very short period, the URL that one would be forwarded to after submitting a deviation would lead to an error page, even though the deviation was submitted properly. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The "Forgot password?" link did not work in login modals in Chrome. Fixed by ultramouse
- Various improvements were made to the way Sta.sh Writer handles content that is pasted into a document. Changed by Alisey
- Stack descriptions would not load when navigating between stacks in Sta.sh unless the page was refreshed. Fixed by inazar
- There were various bugs with line breaks inside of heading and paragraph tags. Fixed by Alisey
- When leaving comments on deviations from the mobile website, the "Preview" and "Submit" buttons would not disappear after focus was moved away from the comment box. Fixed by inazar
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of the feedback that was left:
- Some deviants commented regarding an issue where messages were not being delivered to their Message Centers promptly. While it does help us when comments are left on the Site Update, we do encourage that you always check the Status Forum to see if an issue you're encountering is a known issue. If it is not, you should file a bug report at the Help Desk.
- We received a variety of responses to the Discuss topic. Many of the community events mentioned were run through Groups, although some official Contests and projects were also included in some deviants' replies. A commonly mentioned factor regarding whether or not a deviant would join an event was if it had a message of awareness.
When you are looking for creative inspiration, do you browse deviantART to fuel your imagination? If so, how has deviantART helped your creative process? What other methods, be it on- or offline, do you use to help bring about your creative spirit?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)