In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Importing to deviantART muro from Sta.sh
- The Forum sidebar would display closed threads. Fixed by $kemayo
- Thumbnails in the More Like This section of the deviation page have been changed to a crop style and now show 15 thumbs instead of 6. We are aware that this display is not currently clear for Literature and Journal deviations, and we are looking into a fix for it at this time. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- In some browsers, trying to scroll through the content of a modal would scroll the page instead of the modal. Fixed by $shadowhand
- The Critiqueable portal wouldn't display deviations past January 23rd. Fixed by $yury-n
- Opening the "Send a Note" button on a deviant's Profile in a new tab wouldn't work. Fixed by $yury-n
- The Points transfer modal had no password entry field when using iOS devices. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Command+click (ctrl+click) did not open new tabs when used on some menus. Fixed by $shahyarg
- Opening one's Friends list sometimes resulted in a fatal error. Fixed by $shadowhand
- The "More from this artist" section sometimes did not show on deviation pages. Fixed by $yury-n
- Notes would sometimes create drafts even though the note was sent. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Some deviants experienced an occasional "Content Encoding Error" in Firefox. Fixed by $chris and $shadowhand
- Deactivated, but logged in users were unable to access the Join page until they logged out. Fixed by $shadowhand
- The Group creation process briefly was not working properly. All delayed applications have now been processed. Fixed by $banks
- Users could not go back to search results from a deviation page by using their browser's "Back" button. Fixed by $muteor
- For a brief period, there was an error when trying to adjust one's Activity visibility settings. Fixed by $yury-n
- The "Watch Redraw" button on deviations created in deviantART muro did not work if the deviation was accessed by using the "Next" or "Previous" buttons. Fixed by $shadowhand
- ANSI deviations weren't displaying properly. Fixed by $kemayo
Sta.sh / Submit
- Dragging to select Sta.sh items wouldn't work if done at the bottom of the page. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Deactivated users were able to submit text. Fixed by $kouiskas
- When an uploaded image meets the minimum size requirements, the sidebar now reflects the ability to sell Prints. Fixed by $drommk
- Uploading images when trying to submit an Installable Journal Skin did not work when accessed through Sta.sh or by browsing to the deviation using the "Previous" and "Next" buttons. Fixed by $kemayo
- The "deviantART" section of Writer's sidebar would display as blank. Fixed by $inazar
- Writer did not display properly on a 1024px screen. Fixed by $Alisey
- Uploading multiple files to the Writer sidebar would not work consistently. Fixed by $Alisey
- Indentation would not be retained when pasting text with 1/2 inch indentation from Microsoft Word into Writer. Fixed by $Alisey
- Feedback regarding the Forum sidebar was generally positive.
- In addition to the Forum sidebar, ~pushyreeder suggested a view counter and tagging options for Forum threads.
- Deviants were positive regarding giving gifts. Some deviants mentioned that it would be helpful if a person's Wishlist automatically included their Print or clothing size preferences.
- It would be helpful for the "Give Points" modal to display how many Points you currently have. Suggested by =Kira-Ani-McGrath