In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Importing to deviantART muro from Sta.sh
- The Forum sidebar would display closed threads. Fixed by kemayo
- Thumbnails in the More Like This section of the deviation page have been changed to a crop style and now show 15 thumbs instead of 6. We are aware that this display is not currently clear for Literature and Journal deviations, and we are looking into a fix for it at this time. Fixed by ZombieCoder
- In some browsers, trying to scroll through the content of a modal would scroll the page instead of the modal. Fixed by shadowhand
- The Critiqueable portal wouldn't display deviations past January 23rd. Fixed by yury-n
- Opening the "Send a Note" button on a deviant's Profile in a new tab wouldn't work. Fixed by yury-n
- The Points transfer modal had no password entry field when using iOS devices. Fixed by shadowhand
- Command+click (ctrl+click) did not open new tabs when used on some menus. Fixed by shahyarg
- Opening one's Friends list sometimes resulted in a fatal error. Fixed by shadowhand
- The "More from this artist" section sometimes did not show on deviation pages. Fixed by yury-n
- Notes would sometimes create drafts even though the note was sent. Fixed by shadowhand
- Some deviants experienced an occasional "Content Encoding Error" in Firefox. Fixed by chris and shadowhand
- Deactivated, but logged in users were unable to access the Join page until they logged out. Fixed by shadowhand
- The Group creation process briefly was not working properly. All delayed applications have now been processed. Fixed by banks
- Users could not go back to search results from a deviation page by using their browser's "Back" button. Fixed by muteor
- For a brief period, there was an error when trying to adjust one's Activity visibility settings. Fixed by yury-n
- The "Watch Redraw" button on deviations created in deviantART muro did not work if the deviation was accessed by using the "Next" or "Previous" buttons. Fixed by shadowhand
- ANSI deviations weren't displaying properly. Fixed by kemayo
Sta.sh / Submit
- Dragging to select Sta.sh items wouldn't work if done at the bottom of the page. Fixed by kouiskas
- Deactivated users were able to submit text. Fixed by kouiskas
- When an uploaded image meets the minimum size requirements, the sidebar now reflects the ability to sell Prints. Fixed by drommk
- Uploading images when trying to submit an Installable Journal Skin did not work when accessed through Sta.sh or by browsing to the deviation using the "Previous" and "Next" buttons. Fixed by kemayo
- The "deviantART" section of Writer's sidebar would display as blank. Fixed by inazar
- Writer did not display properly on a 1024px screen. Fixed by Alisey
- Uploading multiple files to the Writer sidebar would not work consistently. Fixed by Alisey
- Indentation would not be retained when pasting text with 1/2 inch indentation from Microsoft Word into Writer. Fixed by Alisey
- Feedback regarding the Forum sidebar was generally positive.
- In addition to the Forum sidebar, pushyreeder suggested a view counter and tagging options for Forum threads.
- Deviants were positive regarding giving gifts. Some deviants mentioned that it would be helpful if a person's Wishlist automatically included their Print or clothing size preferences.
- It would be helpful for the "Give Points" modal to display how many Points you currently have. Suggested by Kira-Ani-McGrath