In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Help Improve More Like This
Be Vigilant of Phishing
- The "send a note" button on Profile Pages was not working in Firefox. Fixed by `Nodren
- The background color of the Purchase modal for Premium Content was incorrect. Fixed by $shahyarg
- The sign up page's background color was incorrect. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Thumbcodes for Literature deviations with no preview image could not be used in dAmn. Fixed by $shahyarg
- EXIF data on deviation pages sometimes contained strange characters. Fixed by $shahyarg
- Connections to dAmn would sometimes stay open after the browser was closed, when using Firefox 14+ and the dAmn XPCOM extension. Fixed by `KnightAR
- The dAmn XPCOM Extension was not compatible with Firefox 17. Fixed by `KnightAR
- The limit for allowed stacks was too low. Fixed by $kouiskas
- When uploading multiple items, the thumbnails would overlap. Fixed by $samshull
- The link to download the ZIP file of a stack was too low and would create an unnecessary scrollbar. Fixed by $kouiskas
- New buttons have been added on images added from the Writer sidebar, to replace the pencil menu. Added by $kemayo
- When creating CSS for Journal Skins, font weights wouldn't work when using a numeric value. Fixed by $kemayo
- For Sta.sh comments, errors occurred when certain HTML was copied and pasted into a comment. Fixed by $kemayo
- The "conversation" tab in the sidebar for Sta.sh comments would not include the first page of comments on the Sta.sh file. Fixed by $inazar
- Collapsing a Sta.sh comment would break parts of the toolbar. Fixed by $inazar
- There were several sidebar issues in Internet Explorer. Fixed by $Alisey
- Several deviants were positive regarding a potential conversation view for Notes. Some deviants mentioned that they would like to see conversations organized based on the comment that starts the conversation, rather than by having all conversations with one person show up in one place.
- Deviants were pleased about deviantART muro brush packs being made free for everyone.
- Both suggestions included in last week's Site Update were met with agreement and support.
- Deviants would like a tool to resize and rotate selections in deviantART muro. Suggested by ~bloominglove
- Some deviants would like to be able to set drawings done in deviantART muro as their deviantID. (Thanks for bringing this up - we'll get this fixed!) Suggested by ~FadingNinja and ~notoriouslyMe
- Deviants would like to search based on image sizes, similar to the way you can search by resolution or ratio. Suggested by =petits-bonheurs
- Some members would like a "Return to Top" button at the bottom of each page. Suggested by =mnoruzi