In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Introducing Madefire Motion Books on deviantART
deviantART's T-Shirts and Gear Shop is Closing
- An "example deviations" section was added to the Commissions widget. Added by $adahacker
- deviantART launched deviantHEART.com for April Fools' Day. Added by `shahyarg and $shadowhand
- Some bugs were discovered in the initial setup of the deviantID widget. Fixed by $muteor
- Gallery navigation did not work properly for logged out visitors. Fixed by $shadowhand
- For a period of about 12 hours, some Premium Members experienced a temporary loss of their Premium Membership. Fixed $banks, $chris and $shadowhand
- Some unicode characters did not display properly on Sta.sh items submitted through an API. Fixed by $yury-n
- Adding the Journal widget to one's Profile by dragging and dropping would not work. Fixed by $shadowhand
- The Edit Deviation page would not load. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Updates were made to the Sell landing page. Fixed by $yury-n
- Some deviants could not get past page two of the Manage Friends page. Fixed by $shadowhand
- There were some instances where banned or deactivated error pages might display reversed. Fixed by $yury-n
- There was a display issue with More Like This thumbnails on deviation pages on mobile devices. Fixed by `allixsenos
- Some Prints Shop example photos would show incorrect products in the "Read more" popup of the "Buy this Print" box. Fixed by $yury-n
Sta.sh / Submit
- Thumbs inside stacks would jump around when hovered over. Fixed by $inazar
- Merging single items into a stack would give the merged item an incorrect title. Fixed by $drommk
- Support was added for Madefire deviation submission and unlockable Premium Content. Added by $kouiskas
- Entering text was broken for a short period. Fixed by $drommk
- The progress bar when entering text or replacing files was incorrectly placed. Fixed by $drommk
- HTML inside description text would be corrupted when quick edits were made. Fixed by $drommk
- When replacing a main file, the editor wouldn't keep the original size settings and would incorrectly resize the image. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Errors about being unable to submit to saved Groups would not display correctly. Fixed by `samshull
- In some instances, Journals couldn't be submitted to Groups. Fixed by `samshull
- Deviations would appear in the Featured folder even when not selected. Fixed by `samshull
- Large files of specific filetypes (like .obj) couldn't be attached as Premium Content. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Webfonts were not loading all of the requested font weights. Fixed by $kemayo
- The toolbar would not respond if no text was selected. Fixed by $kemayo
- When searching in the sidebar, results could display incorrectly. Fixed by $inazar
- When leaving comments in Sta.sh, image attachments were hidden by default. Fixed by $inazar
- The "undo" and "redo" buttons could be misaligned when leaving comments in Sta.sh. Fixed by $inazar
- Submitting two comments in Sta.sh without reloading the page could make selecting thumbs from the sidebar not work properly. Fixed by $inazar
- When leaving comments in Sta.sh, the scroll position would not be retained after closing the sidebar. Fixed by $inazar
- When splitting blockquotes in Firefox, the second half of the text would be lost. Fixed by $Alisey
- Uploading files to Sta.sh from the sidebar by clicking "Upload Files" wasn't working in Firefox. Fixed by $Alisey
- Uploading several files to Sta.sh at once from the sidebar could cause display issues. Fixed by $Alisey
- Feedback regarding Gallery Stats varied. Some deviants mentioned that they found the Comment information to be useful, while others mentioned that they found the breakdown of Favourites to be most useful.
- A few deviants mentioned that the Timeline section of the Gallery Stats page is unclear.
- =alex-heberling and `mirz-alt suggested that being able to track what websites are directing traffic to one's deviations would be helpful.
- =Yoriden suggested that a comparison of Views from one deviation to another would be useful, to go along with Comments and Favourites.
- Several deviants liked the suggestion about being able to post a Journal from one's Profile.