In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Introducing Madefire Motion Books on deviantART
We are excited to announce a partnership between deviantART and Madefire, the leading Motion Book application in Apple’s App Store. Together with Madefire, we are releasing the Madefire Web Reader on deviantART in a new Motion Books category on our front-page. In addition, Madefire's Motion Tool will gradually be made available to deviants in the coming months, so that deviants can buy, read, make, and sell books and comics, all from within the deviantART experience.
deviantART's T-Shirts and Gear Shop is Closing
After 8 years of artistic adventure, deviantART's T-Shirts & Gear Shop (formerly deviantWEAR) has decided to close its doors. It has been an amazing ride. Seeing hundreds of concepts through to full production, developing the brand hand-in-hand with the community, listening to all of the feedback, and designing to suit our deviants' dynamic tastes has been an honor. We have genuinely enjoyed sharing our concepts, workflow, designs, and final products with you. We would like to thank all of you for your support, heartfelt commentary, and constant tide of love and deviousness. It was certainly a labor of love to produce the brand for deviants around the globe.
- An "example deviations" section was added to the Commissions widget. Added by adahacker
- deviantART launched deviantHEART.com for April Fools' Day. Added by shahyarg and shadowhand
- Some bugs were discovered in the initial setup of the deviantID widget. Fixed by muteor
- Gallery navigation did not work properly for logged out visitors. Fixed by shadowhand
- For a period of about 12 hours, some Premium Members experienced a temporary loss of their Premium Membership. Fixed banks, chris and shadowhand
- Some unicode characters did not display properly on Sta.sh items submitted through an API. Fixed by yury-n
- Adding the Journal widget to one's Profile by dragging and dropping would not work. Fixed by shadowhand
- The Edit Deviation page would not load. Fixed by shadowhand
- Updates were made to the Sell landing page. Fixed by yury-n
- Some deviants could not get past page two of the Manage Friends page. Fixed by shadowhand
- There were some instances where banned or deactivated error pages might display reversed. Fixed by yury-n
- There was a display issue with More Like This thumbnails on deviation pages on mobile devices. Fixed by allixsenos
- Some Prints Shop example photos would show incorrect products in the "Read more" popup of the "Buy this Print" box. Fixed by yury-n
Sta.sh / Submit
- Thumbs inside stacks would jump around when hovered over. Fixed by inazar
- Merging single items into a stack would give the merged item an incorrect title. Fixed by drommk
- Support was added for Madefire deviation submission and unlockable Premium Content. Added by kouiskas
- Entering text was broken for a short period. Fixed by drommk
- The progress bar when entering text or replacing files was incorrectly placed. Fixed by drommk
- HTML inside description text would be corrupted when quick edits were made. Fixed by drommk
- When replacing a main file, the editor wouldn't keep the original size settings and would incorrectly resize the image. Fixed by kouiskas
- Errors about being unable to submit to saved Groups would not display correctly. Fixed by samshull
- In some instances, Journals couldn't be submitted to Groups. Fixed by samshull
- Deviations would appear in the Featured folder even when not selected. Fixed by samshull
- Large files of specific filetypes (like .obj) couldn't be attached as Premium Content. Fixed by kouiskas
- Webfonts were not loading all of the requested font weights. Fixed by kemayo
- The toolbar would not respond if no text was selected. Fixed by kemayo
- When searching in the sidebar, results could display incorrectly. Fixed by inazar
- When leaving comments in Sta.sh, image attachments were hidden by default. Fixed by inazar
- The "undo" and "redo" buttons could be misaligned when leaving comments in Sta.sh. Fixed by inazar
- Submitting two comments in Sta.sh without reloading the page could make selecting thumbs from the sidebar not work properly. Fixed by inazar
- When leaving comments in Sta.sh, the scroll position would not be retained after closing the sidebar. Fixed by inazar
- When splitting blockquotes in Firefox, the second half of the text would be lost. Fixed by Alisey
- Uploading files to Sta.sh from the sidebar by clicking "Upload Files" wasn't working in Firefox. Fixed by Alisey
- Uploading several files to Sta.sh at once from the sidebar could cause display issues. Fixed by Alisey
Thank you for the feedback left on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- Feedback regarding Gallery Stats varied. Some deviants mentioned that they found the Comment information to be useful, while others mentioned that they found the breakdown of Favourites to be most useful.
- A few deviants mentioned that the Timeline section of the Gallery Stats page is unclear.
- alex-heberling and mirz-alt suggested that being able to track what websites are directing traffic to one's deviations would be helpful.
- Yoriden suggested that a comparison of Views from one deviation to another would be useful, to go along with Comments and Favourites.
- Several deviants liked the suggestion about being able to post a Journal from one's Profile.
The Premium Content Platform allows deviants to buy and sell high quality digital downloads. As a buyer of Premium Content, what content are you most interested in purchasing, and why are you interested in that content? For sellers, what do you find to be the most fruitful content that you offer for downloads?