In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
Change to Literature Preview Images
Preview images for literature deviations are now placed within a scrolling literature thumb. In the past, any preview image a deviant set would take the place of the scrolling literature thumb, making it difficult to distinguish visual art thumbnails and literature thumbnails.
This change allows for a more uniform thumbnail appearance around the site while also ensuring that each artist is still able to comfortably represent their work.
Sta.sh's New Submit Page
The Sta.sh Submit page has been updated for all deviants, to match the layout of the new Submit Art page. When submitting your work from Sta.sh, you can now submit your art, Prints, and Premium Content from one page!
- Left-clicking on the "Download File" button for .PSD file deviations did not work. Fixed by $shahyarg
- The "Send A Note" modal on the Profile was blank on the mobile site. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Attempting to gift a Premium Membership without inputting a username would automatically pull the last username put into that box. Fixed by `aMoniker
- For a few deviants using Chrome, category menu options could be missing on some Gallery pages. Fixed by $shahyarg
- The legacy mobile site experienced message center loading issues on some devices. Fixed by `aMoniker
- An unnecessary horizontal line was present in the pencil menu on comments. Fixed by $shahyarg
- Some newly submitted deviations that had the main file changed were missing thumbnails. All thumbnails have since been regenerated. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Minor layout issues existed on the My Wishlist and Friends List pages. Fixed by $shahyarg
- Logging in from a browser in Windows 8 would display as Windows NT 4.0 on the Sessions page. Fixed by $shahyarg
- The order of brushes has been changed to reflect brush type. Changed by $mudimba
- The default brush is now the basic brush. It was the webink brush, in the past. Changed by $mudimba
- There was a cosmetic glitch in submit progress modal. Fixed by $mudimba
- Startup time has been improved. Fixed by $mudimba
- An error existed when loading deviantART muro from Sta.sh Writer. Fixed by $mudimba
- "Import Image as Layer" was briefly broken. Fixed by $mudimba
Sta.sh / New Submit
- The styling of Sta.sh Writer thumbnails was inconsistent. Fixed by $adahacker
- Premium Content attachments deleted from Sta.sh were wrongfully counted towards Sta.sh's capacity limitation. Fixed by $samshull
- Clicking on some areas of the page didn't correctly deselect already selected files. Fixed by $samshull
- Updating a Group Journal wouldn't notify that Group's watchers. Fixed by $adahacker
- Dragging a big thumbnail onto a smaller thumbnail would visually break the stack. Fixed by $samshull
- Dragging a file thumb onto a Sta.sh Writer thumb would leave a leftover shadow. Fixed by $samshull
- Journals can now be added to and removed from "My Journal" at any time, even when published. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Pressing enter to finish the renaming of an item would wrongfully open the item immediately. Fixed by $adahacker
- When submitting, "My Journal" and related checkboxes now remember their settings more reliably. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Removing a Writer document from the "Drafts" stack could fail, which would break the document. Fixed by $kemayo and $samshull
- When searching for emoticons in the sidebar, there was no visual indication it was working. Fixed by $inazar
- The progress spinner in the sidebar would not display properly. Fixed by $Alisey
- Some <style> tags would show unnecessarily when editing a document. Fixed by $Alisey
- When creating Journal Skins, linear gradients had cross-browser issues. We are now working on improving this. Fixed by $Alisey
- Deviants were pleased about the release of More Like This to everyone.
- Feedback regarding storing deviations varied. Several deviants noted that they use storage as a place to keep deviations they don't want people to see, but don't want to delete for sentimental reasons. Others mentioned that they use storage as a place to temporarily hold deviations.
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)