In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
More Like This: Now Open to Everyone!
In October, we launched More Like This to Premium Members, with an additional Limited Preview open to all deviants. During that time, we continued to test and improve it, with the help of everyone in the community who gave feedback or made use of our provided improvement tool. We're pleased to announce that as of today, More Like This has been launched to everyone. Many thanks to everyone who provided feedback and browsed through art to help us make the More Like This experience even better.
Holiday Help Desk Reminder
The Help Desk will be closed Monday, December 24th through Wednesday, December 26th and Monday, December 31st through Wednesday, January 2nd.
Rest assured that all tickets will be answered as quickly as possible, and we thank everyone for their patience during the holiday season.
- Some Notes containing certain code would cause the Notes list to go blank when that note was placed inside a folder. Fixed by shadowhand
- The Skin Edit modal for Journals was cut off on smaller screens. Fixed by helloandre
- The Help Desk contact page did not display properly for mobile devices. Fixed by aMoniker
- Links in order receipt emails would take users to a "Forbidden" page when navigating there while logged out. Fixed by helloandre
- The "Upload File" button was cut off, when trying to add or change a literature tag. Fixed by yury-n
- Some Groups were unable to post Group Announcements. Fixed by helloandre
- The "Edit" pencil icons on some Profile menus were out of place. Fixed by shahyarg
- Links included in verification emails didn't work for some email clients. Fixed by muteor
- The "Edit" icon was misplaced on the "Featured in Groups" section of deviation pages. Fixed by yury-n
- Gifting a Premium Membership required an extra click on the 'Send your Gift' button. Fixed by aMoniker
- The Settings link was missing from the main menu of the mobile site. Fixed by shadowhand
- Delivery dates were missing from Hot Topic messages. Fixed by yury-n and by muteor
- The "Gift a Premium Membership" page reported an "Invalid username" error by default when first visited, even if the username box was still blank. Fixed by aMoniker
- Sta.sh's API was unnecessarily restricting access for some operations to the same client application that an item was uploaded with. Fixed by shahyarg
- The Browse page would occasionally jump when clicking the "Show More" button. Fixed by banks
- When browsing, the link to edit mature content settings was broken when browsing mature-only results. Fixed by shahyarg
- Under certain circumstances, deviations created with deviantART muro wouldn't have a full view. Fixed by sgrahamUK
Sta.sh / New Submit
- Dragging Sta.sh Writer items within a stack would sometimes mistakenly trigger the drag-selection box. Fixed by adahacker
- The "save & exit" and "submit" buttons on the new Submit page wouldn't visually convey that a submission was ongoing when pressed. Fixed by kouiskas
- The new Submit page did not work for the most recent Android and iOS devices. Fixed by samshull
- For a short period, Sta.sh Writer items couldn't be submitted to Group Journals. Fixed by randomduck
- Clicking on a thumb in a Sta.sh Writer item still in Sta.sh would result in a broken-looking page. Fixed by kouiskas
- Dragging a file would expand the page indefinitely. Fixed by adahacker
- Saving and exiting a deviation submission, then returning to complete it would not restore the category selection for film files. Fixed by adahacker
- Several visual improvements were made to the menu buttons on images. Fixed by kemayo
- An "Upload Files" button has been added to the Writer sidebar for Sta.sh comments. Fixed by inazar
- The undo/redo buttons would display inconsistently. Fixed by inazar
- The sidebar wouldn't remember where you had scrolled to, after hiding it while writing comments in Sta.sh. Fixed by inazar
- IE8 didn't remove some invalid tags when text was pasted in. Fixed by Alisey
- Paragraph indentation was not preserved when pasting text from Microsoft Word. Fixed by Alisey
Thanks for the feedback on last week's update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- Some deviants reported errors switching from the legacy mobile site to the new mobile site. This is a known issue on our end, and we will have it fixed for you soon.
- Feedback regarding using deviantART muro as a critique tool was entirely positive. Some deviants mentioned that they would like to choose which deviations they would enable this on, if implemented as a feature.
- All of the suggestions included in last week's update were met with positive feedback.
- Deviants would like for their portfolios to be styled for mobile devices. Suggested by alexettinger
Please note: With the holiday season upon us, we will continue to post the weekly Site Update, but in a condensed manner. There will be no Discuss topic in the next two updates. Full-length Site Updates will resume in the first week of 2013.
One of the features we offer is a way to store your work away from the public, via the Manage Deviations page. If you use or have used the storage feature, what are your reasons for storing a work? Do you unstore things often, or do you leave them in storage for an extended period of time? Do you use storage as a way to permanently remove work from your gallery without deleting it, or do you use it more for temporary changes?