In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
More Like This: Now Open to Everyone!
Holiday Help Desk Reminder
- Some Notes containing certain code would cause the Notes list to go blank when that note was placed inside a folder. Fixed by shadowhand
- The Skin Edit modal for Journals was cut off on smaller screens. Fixed by helloandre
- The Help Desk contact page did not display properly for mobile devices. Fixed by aMoniker
- Links in order receipt emails would take users to a "Forbidden" page when navigating there while logged out. Fixed by helloandre
- The "Upload File" button was cut off, when trying to add or change a literature tag. Fixed by yury-n
- Some Groups were unable to post Group Announcements. Fixed by helloandre
- The "Edit" pencil icons on some Profile menus were out of place. Fixed by shahyarg
- Links included in verification emails didn't work for some email clients. Fixed by muteor
- The "Edit" icon was misplaced on the "Featured in Groups" section of deviation pages. Fixed by yury-n
- Gifting a Premium Membership required an extra click on the 'Send your Gift' button. Fixed by aMoniker
- The Settings link was missing from the main menu of the mobile site. Fixed by shadowhand
- Delivery dates were missing from Hot Topic messages. Fixed by yury-n and by muteor
- The "Gift a Premium Membership" page reported an "Invalid username" error by default when first visited, even if the username box was still blank. Fixed by aMoniker
- Sta.sh's API was unnecessarily restricting access for some operations to the same client application that an item was uploaded with. Fixed by shahyarg
- The Browse page would occasionally jump when clicking the "Show More" button. Fixed by banks
- When browsing, the link to edit mature content settings was broken when browsing mature-only results. Fixed by shahyarg
- Under certain circumstances, deviations created with deviantART muro wouldn't have a full view. Fixed by sgrahamUK
Sta.sh / New Submit
- Dragging Sta.sh Writer items within a stack would sometimes mistakenly trigger the drag-selection box. Fixed by adahacker
- The "save & exit" and "submit" buttons on the new Submit page wouldn't visually convey that a submission was ongoing when pressed. Fixed by kouiskas
- The new Submit page did not work for the most recent Android and iOS devices. Fixed by samshull
- For a short period, Sta.sh Writer items couldn't be submitted to Group Journals. Fixed by randomduck
- Clicking on a thumb in a Sta.sh Writer item still in Sta.sh would result in a broken-looking page. Fixed by kouiskas
- Dragging a file would expand the page indefinitely. Fixed by adahacker
- Saving and exiting a deviation submission, then returning to complete it would not restore the category selection for film files. Fixed by adahacker
- Several visual improvements were made to the menu buttons on images. Fixed by kemayo
- An "Upload Files" button has been added to the Writer sidebar for Sta.sh comments. Fixed by inazar
- The undo/redo buttons would display inconsistently. Fixed by inazar
- The sidebar wouldn't remember where you had scrolled to, after hiding it while writing comments in Sta.sh. Fixed by inazar
- IE8 didn't remove some invalid tags when text was pasted in. Fixed by Alisey
- Paragraph indentation was not preserved when pasting text from Microsoft Word. Fixed by Alisey
- Some deviants reported errors switching from the legacy mobile site to the new mobile site. This is a known issue on our end, and we will have it fixed for you soon.
- Feedback regarding using deviantART muro as a critique tool was entirely positive. Some deviants mentioned that they would like to choose which deviations they would enable this on, if implemented as a feature.
- All of the suggestions included in last week's update were met with positive feedback.
- Deviants would like for their portfolios to be styled for mobile devices. Suggested by alexettinger