In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
More Like This (Beta)
Selection Tools in deviantART muro
- Elliptical selection options and a magic wand tool have been added to the marquee tool. Once the marquee menu button has been selected, the new options will appear in the bottom bar.
- Deviants can now create a selection based on the transparency of a layer by command/ctrl+clicking on that layer.
- Autosave will trigger more frequently, to ensure that your hard work is retained.
- Some behind the scenes changes were made to make deviantART muro more stable.
- In addition to the options added to the marquee menu, "select by color", "expand selection", and "contract selection" tools have been added to the Edit menu.
Blockquote Tool in Sta.sh Writer
- If one deviant's Collection was added to a different deviant's Collection, it could not be removed from the Collection it was added to. Fixed by `shahyarg
- It was not possible for Group admins to change some invitation settings from the defaults. Fixed by $randomduck
- Removing a deviation from a Gallery folder would hide the links beneath the thumbnail until the page was refreshed. Fixed by `shahyarg
- Film deviations were not allowed in Scraps. Fixed by `shahyarg
- On the Notes page, the select dropdown was showing in the wrong place. Fixed by $shadowhand
- On deviation pages, the link that showed which deviants favourited the deviation sometimes did not work. Fixed by `shahyarg
- The "Show All Groups" link on deviations was not working under certain circumstances. Fixed by `shahyarg
- "Failed to process transaction" errors occurred when withdrawing earnings as deviantART Points or via PayPal, followed by a temporary disabling of PayPal withdrawals. Fixed by $yury-n
- The PDF viewer would vanish if any of the header menus were hovered over. Fixed by $shadowhand
- The shopping bag icon and "Buy this Print" text in the new Prints menu on deviation pages were not clickable. Fixed by $shadowhand
- During Redraw playback, there were cases where the speed slider would display as slow, but the video was actually playing at fast speed. Fixed by $mudimba
- In comment drawings, deviantART muro could infrequently get stuck on the eraser tool and prevent drawing. Fixed by $mudimba
- Several cosmetic layout issues existed that would be visible when buying new brush packs. Fixed by $mudimba
- Sometimes a new layer could be created, even when interaction should have been disabled by a modal window. Fixed by $mudimba
- Stacks shared with other deviants wouldn't display file descriptions. Fixed by $drommk
- While renaming a stack, clicking on the title of another one to rename it would cause an error. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Editing Journals submitted to the Journal Portal would send new notifications to the Message Center, even when the "This is a minor edit" option was selected. Fixed by $drommk
- Literature thumbnails wouldn't stop scrolling when they reached the end of the excerpt. Fixed by $kemayo
- It was possible to break elements out of journal entries with advanced CSS. Fixed by $kemayo
- Several behind the scenes improvements were made to the way Sta.sh Writer handles typing and loading drafts. Fixed by $kemayo and $inazar
- Many users made suggestions for improvements to the mobile site that they'd like to see implemented.
- The most common suggestion we received regarding the new mobile site was for an easy way to submit art from mobile devices.
- Deviants would like to add thumbnails to their comments. Suggested by =Magical525
- Some members would like to be able to apply the same keywords and descriptions to multiple files at once. Suggested by ~frisbii