In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Multi-Submit and Scheduled Submit (Premium Member Features)
Upgrade to Premium Membership to use these new features!
Multi-Submit and Scheduled Submit, two often-requested features that will make submitting to deviantART even easier, have been launched to Premium Members!
Multi-Submit is a tabbed interface built into the Submit page which allows you to upload and submit multiple deviations at once, and Scheduled Submit lets you set a future time and date for uploaded files to be publicly posted to deviantART.
For deviants with a busy schedule, or who like to upload and submit multiple deviations at once, this gives you the opportunity to prepare and present your work to your watchers without having to worry about flooding Message Centers or risking works going unnoticed!
Trying Out A New Suggestions Forum
We've been running a limited trial of the Ideas Forum on our Customer Service Central, and have just expanded this trial to more deviants. This forum allows for a great deal of flexibility in how we approach suggestions, including giving staff the ability to mark suggestions as complete, planned, or not planned, the ability for community members to vote up suggestions they agree with, and more!
Merging Journals in the Message Center
A few years ago, we merged News and Journals. Until now, Journals submitted to the Journal Portal still came through to the News section of the Message Center. Today, all of these messages — and all future messages — have been merged into the Journals section of the Message Center for clarity.
- The "More" buttons in a Group Gallery did not show if the window was too wide. Fixed by shahyarg
- The global settings for Group Gallery submissions were not being enforced properly for the Featured folder. Fixed by randomduck
- Clicking a "Visit Journal" link in the Message Center would open the Journal, but the "Next", "Previous", and "All" buttons would not display. Fixed by muteor
- Links containing FTP URLs would break when formatted. Fixed by shahyarg
- Browsing Collections in More Like This results only opened first item loaded by 'view more' and scrolling. Fixed by helloandre
- There was a display issue when collecting thumbs on profile page. Fixed by shahyarg
- Opening a thumbnail in the footer by using ctrl+click (command+click, for Mac users) would open that deviation on the same page instead of in a new tab. Fixed by helloandre
- Journal thumbnails would have cosmetic issues when stacked in a Group Gallery. Fixed by shahyarg
- Promotional discount price changes would not display properly in the "Buy Prints" box. Fixed by shahyarg
- Prints Shop thumbnails were briefly broken. Fixed by muteor
Sta.sh / Submit
- The "+New" button would disappear in Internet Explorer 8. Fixed by kouiskas
- For Multi-Submit, if there was only one tab left open before refreshing the page, it wouldn't have the close button after refreshing. Fixed by kouiskas
- A "Saved to Sta.sh" popup would incorrectly appear when opening a remembered tab. Fixed by kouiskas
- When closing all previously open tabs and then uploading new items, a duplicate tab would appear. Fixed by kouiskas
- Clicking the close button too early would make the button disappear instead of closing the tab. Fixed by kouiskas
- Resetting a tab wouldn't remove saved settings. Fixed by drommk
- When switching tabs while scheduling a submission, the Schedule menu would close but the calendar would still display. Fixed by drommk
Thank you for the feedback left on last week's Site Update! Here's some of the feedback you left for us.
- Feedback regarding the Discuss topic varied. Some deviants mentioned posting features for art they like or art they feel fits a specific theme, while others mentioned that they post features to showcase a specific artist or artists.
- Some deviants mentioned that they'd like an easier way to add thumbnails to features. In response, other deviants suggested using Sta.sh Writer's sidebar to add images more quickly.
- SingingFlames suggested having different size options for literature thumbnails, to match the different size options between :thumb: and :bigthumb:, when posting features.
- Deviants generally did not like the suggestion regarding Polls being automatically removed from the Message Center after voting.
- Some deviants would like to see more of their transaction history using deviantART Points. Suggested by Xeshaire
Creating Art with Apps
There are many apps for mobile devices that are designed for creating art when on the go. Do you use any apps for creating art, when on your mobile device? If so, what apps do you use, and why do you prefer to use that app (or those apps)?