In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
CSS3 Options for Journal Skins
Additional CSS options for Journal Skins have been released! Journal Skin designers can now use the transform, transform-origin, transform-style, and transition attributes when coding their Journal Skins, allowing for more dynamic designs than ever before.
- The "Remove from Messages" button was missing from the new mobile deviation page. Fixed by yumeruby
- Portfolios were not rendering properly on mobile devices. Fixed by ArtBIT
- For a brief period, clicking the 'Add this widget' button on any widget while editing one's Profile Page would reload the page. Fixed by helloandre
- Sitback controls were not displaying in Chrome. Fixed by ArtBIT
- The Critiqueable page was two weeks behind. Fixed by elhsmart
- When browsing a deviant's Gallery, the Gallery Folder links displayed underneath thumbnails had to be double-clicked to work properly. Fixed by ultramouse
- Emails notifying of a Prints order being shipped did not include the shipping address. Fixed by ArtBIT
- For some users, the Featured Prints widget would display deleted deviations. Fixed by duraseb
- In Chrome, a small number of deviation thumbnails in the "More from deviantART" section on deviation pages would be blank. Fixed by yumeruby
- Zoomed out image deviations were improperly side-scrolling, causing the scroll bar to appear below the image rather than the bottom of the browser window. Fixed by duraseb
- Pressing enter at the end of a link or heading would not end that link or heading, and it would instead continue into the next line. Fixed by Alisey
- Pressing backspace would not delete an empty blockquote. Fixed by Alisey
- When previewing a comment in the Forums, the preview wouldn't display thumbnails. Fixed by inazar
- The Add Media tool would occasionally fail to load when opened on the Edit Deviation page, or when editing a Sta.sh stack's description. Fixed by inazar
- When previewing a comment, the display would be inaccurate if unclosed tags were left somewhere in the comment. Fixed by kemayo
- In Sta.sh Writer, the "Link" toolbar popup's "OK" button would get stuck saying "Loading..." after a URL was added. Fixed by kemayo
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of the feedback you left for us:
- Deviants were generally positive about the change to the mobile deviation page. Some deviants disliked the absence of the "Remove from Messages" button; it has been returned to the top of the deviation page.
- Feedback regarding the integration of Verold embedding was positive.
- Responses to the Discuss topic varied, though there were common points of agreement between members. Several deviants mentioned organizing their Collections by medium or by fandom, depending on the purpose of the Collection.
- Some deviants said that their Collections were to showcase artwork to other artists, while others mentioned their Collections being for personal organization. A few deviants mentioned using Collections for both.
Way Back Browsing
For deviants who are or have been Premium Members, have you browsed using Way Back? If so, what do you look for, and do you use it regularly?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)