New Features for deviantART muro
Four new brush and eraser options have been added! These brushes allow for more stylistic choices when creating artwork, giving you even more creative than before.
The new brushes and brush erasers include a charcoal pencil, a round bristle brush, a wide felt brush, and a sumukhwa brush, which can be used to imitate ink wash paintings from eastern cultures.
You can now easily rotate and scale your drawing (or segments of your drawing) with the tools added to the Move option! Select the "Move" tool and from there use the Scale or Rotate tools to make creating easier.
Recent Site Outages
Last week, deviantART experienced bouts of intermittent downtime. Rest assured that we were aware of these issues and were working to fix them as they were happening, and our apologies for any inconvenience you may have encountered while visiting the site.
- The Critiques page would display oldest critiques first, instead of newest. Fixed by elhsmart
- For a short time, deviants were unable to edit their Portfolios. Fixed by outgoingcoyote
- When viewing a Sta.sh comment from its permalink, the comments would display as though they were present on deviantART, instead of visibly appearing to be in Sta.sh. Fixed by ArtBIT
- Deviation titles and descriptions were not saved when submitted or edited, for a brief period. Fixed by Alisey
- Dragging text into the title and keywords boxes on the Submit page would cause that text to overlap on top of the default "Title" and "Keywords" text in some browsers. Fixed by inazar
- In Sta.sh Writer, the HTML mode state was not retained when opening a saved draft. Fixed by Alisey
- Switching an embedded deviation to full size and then back to a thumbnail would not work if the deviation was added to the document while the "Always Add Full Size Images" setting was turned off. Fixed by Alisey
- Feedback regarding the updates to our API was positive.
- In response to the Discuss topic, most deviants mentioned that they would like to have some of their Collections highlighted, but they would also want to be able to keep some of their Collections from being highlighted.
If embeddable widgets were created that would allow you to share information, activity, or content from your deviantART Profile, would you use them? These widgets could be placed on your websites or blogs (for example, it might be a Profile "badge" that shows your deviantART username, avatar and other basic Profile information). What type of activity would you want to share, if any?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)