In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Free Premium Membership Day
Free Premium Membership Day is less than a week away!
On April 7, 2014, all members of deviantART will have access to Premium Member features. For an entire 24 hours, starting at 12 midnight and ending at 11:59 PM Los Angeles, CA, time, you’ll be able to enjoy the perks of a Premium Membership, including Multi- and Scheduled Submit, ad-free browsing, Journal Skins, and so much more!
Read more »
Integrating Sketchfab In Journals
DeviantART is proud to announce a new partnership with 3D web publishing service, Sketchfab!
Sketchfab, a leading platform to publish, share, and embed interactive 3D content, allows you to bring your 3D artwork to life in real-time without a plugin.
Deviants can now embed 3D models into deviantART Journals using Sketchfab embeds. DeviantART is always aiming to make content on the site more engaging and interactive, and this integration benefits both creators and those who enjoy browsing incredible content.
Read more »
- Various changes and additions were made for the launch of thoughtART. Done by yumeruby, duraseb, helloandre, DEVlANT, madizzlee and ultramouse
- In Sta.sh, images larger than the browser screen were not able to be scrolled horizontally. Fixed by duraseb
- It was not possible to remove one's Google Analytics Tracking ID after installing it, even if the tracking was disabled. Fixed by ultramouse
- Flagging a Note as spam would not mark that Note as read. Fixed by iconocrash
- Page navigation was briefly missing from More Like This browse pages. Fixed by helloandre
- The World Map would stop displaying after few minutes. In addition to fixing this, its performance time has also been improved in webkit browsers. Fixed by ultramouse
- Animated .GIF files could not be set as a user avatar if the browser was zoomed in when trying to do so. Fixed by elhsmart
- For iOS 7 users, Notes could not be deleted, when on the mobile website in Safari. Fixed by ultramouse
- The calligraphy brush was not working consistently at very small sizes. Fixed by mudimba
- In some cases, redraws would not display correctly if the canvas was resized. Fixed by mudimba
- There were cases where using the move tool could make a redraw not play properly. Fixed by mudimba
- The "deviantART" tab of the Sta.sh Writer sidebar was not displaying Gallery or Favourites folders. Fixed by inazar
- Completely removing text from an already published literature or Journal deviation would make that deviation uneditable. Fixed by kemayo
- Pasting a list delineated by *s into Writer will now automatically turn it into an HTML list. Changed by Alisey
- The initial loading of Sta.sh Writer has been simplified to remove some redundant content loading, to make things faster. Changed by kemayo
- The keyboard shortcuts for bold, italic, and underline briefly stopped working. Fixed by Alisey
- The username autocomplete menu will now hide as soon as you've typed a non-valid username, and won't delete what you've typed if you hit enter or tab before it finishes looking up usernames. Fixed by kemayo
Thanks for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say:
- Deviants had various ideas regarding the Save the Date update, but you'll be pleased to know that the announcement wasn't an April Fools' prank. Enjoy Free Premium Membership Day this upcoming Monday!
- In response to the Discuss topic, some deviants mentioned not following our social channels. However, the deviants who do follow mentioned liking the variety of art shared, and wanting a wider variety of art to be shared as well.
- aemiliuslives mentioned wanting to see more posts about art in general, in addition to art posts relating specifically to deviantART.
Autocomplete for Mentions
Have you used @ to mention deviants? Do you frequently use the autocomplete menu to do so? What are your thoughts on mentions, and the autocomplete menu?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)