In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update
Prints Integration on Deviation Pages (Beta Testers Only)
Today we're bringing you an easier way to purchase art on deviantART! When viewing a deviation that is enabled as a Print, you'll be met with a sleek new menu that is designed to be simple, straightforward, and encouraging.
Group Journal Editing in Sta.sh Writer (Beta Testers Only)
In addition, we're bringing you a feature that makes it easier for members to collaborate using Group Journals. Admins who have Journal editing privileges can now edit Sta.sh Journals posted by others. The feature makes it easier to edit, maintain and collaborate within your Group.
- Some country domain email addresses were not accepted for creating Shop accounts. Fixed by $shahyarg
- The Deviants widget on Groups pages did not respect the order preference set in the widget. Fixed by $randomduck
- On the blog entry page, the text area scrollbar was getting clipped off in Internet Explorer. Fixed by $shahyarg
- The Donate Points widget was not actually invisible prior to a donation goal being set. Fixed by $randomduck
- Ads were temporarily broken in IE8. Fixed by $ZombieCoder
- The iOS6 browser was released with a bug that caches certain requests. Worked around by $shahyarg
- The quality assurance control system on Prints orders was not properly releasing some Prints after they were approved. Fixed by $randomduck
- Sold out or discontinued deviantARTGear had a possibility of getting stuck in the shopping cart. Fixed by `KnightAR
- In the payment details section of a purchase, there was no way to cancel entering a new card. Fixed by $shahyarg
- The search bar in a deviant's Gallery looked and behaved differently than the one on their Journal. Fixed by $shahyarg
- deviantART was not properly capitalized in some places. Fixed by $shahyarg
- Clicking the "Next" button for comments would occasionally break the page. Fixed by $kouiskas
- For Android, the Camera option would be available when pressing upload. Fixed by $kouiskas
- .TIFF files now automatically have a preview image and thumbnail. Fixed by $kouiskas
- The literature toolbar would occasionally double-initialize, making it look like the default settings weren't loaded. Fixed by $kemayo
Thank you all for the feedback left on last week's update
! Here's some of what you had to say.
- In response to our asking about the Prints submission process, several users mentioned that being prompted to submit every image deviation as a Print was cumbersome, particularly when submitting works in progress.
- ~Bloodsong13T and =overseer mentioned that selecting options when setting up or editing Prints submissions can become tedious.
- Feedback regarding the suggestion about comments auto-updating was mixed. Some were pleased with the idea, while others felt it was more distracting than helpful.
- Deviants would like a way to preview how their art will look when printed before submitting it as a Print. Suggested by =overseer
- Some deviants would like an easier way to create sub-bullets in lists, in Sta.sh Writer. Suggested by ^Katara-Alchemist
- Deviants would like to send notes from a Group account. Suggested by ~aboveClouds
- It would be helpful for a deviation sold as a Print to show the number of sales it has had. Suggested by ~Blue-Koi
- Some deviants would like to be able to embed video into their portfolios. Suggested by ~SoulAura777
- Deviants would like to be able to download drawings they've done in deviantART muro from their Sta.sh. Suggested by ~Mattehboy
The Watch feature allows you to follow your favourite artist's artwork and activity, while also giving you the ability to mark other deviants as being your friend. How would you like to see the friends system be improved? What features would you like it to have?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment on this article!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)