In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Sale Statistics on the Earnings Page
Targeted Drops and Infinite Scroll in Sta.sh (Beta Testers)
Digital Content in the Message Center
- Browsing deviations in the Design Challenges gallery did not work properly. Fixed by helloandre
- Comments flagged as spam or hidden by owner were not being withdrawn from the Message Center. Fixed by muteor
- When sending a Group Note with quotations in the title, the title would appear with slashes before the quotes. Fixed by szlosek
- Some responses on Group Notes would not be visible to the person who sent the note if that deviant had their comment view settings on Flat View. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Creating a new Forum thread would show an internal error page if the title or description were left blank, rather than giving a standard error message. Fixed by szlosek
- Links were formatted differently in Chat than on the rest of the site. Fixed by shahyarg
- There were various display issues when navigating between tabs on a deviant's Profile Page. Fixed by shadowhand
- There were inconsistencies in how the deviantART Points icon would display when appearing next to prices. Fixed by muteor
- Some contest badges were displaying at an incorrect size on Profile Pages. Fixed by shadowhand
- Some labels on the Give Premium Membership page were not clickable. Fixed by szlosek
- In some instances, submitting Journals to Groups was broken. Fixed by randomduck
- Adding wide images to widgets on the Profile Page would cause other content to be cut off. Fixed by shadowhand
- On the mobile website, ads would appear on top of site content. Fixed by sgrahamUK
- For Super Groups, it was impossible to remove widget exceptions from the Manage Members page. Fixed by DEVlANT
- The annotation tool did not work properly on very small canvases. Fixed by mudimba
Sta.sh / Submit
- Items could sometimes get lost when merging stacks. Fixed by kouiskas
- Scheduled submissions that failed would have the same error message as scheduled submissions that were delayed. Fixed by drommk
- Thumbnails in the first post of a new Forum thread were a different size than thumbnails in replies. Fixed by inazar
- deviantART muro drawings in comments would display too large in Internet Explorer. Fixed by inazar
- The appearance of comment boxes when replying to a comment was different than the appearance of top-level comment boxes. Fixed by inazar
- The majority of the feedback left on last week's Site Update was related to new deviation page testing. In the coming days, we will be updating the community on the successes of the new design, as well as addressing areas that need further thinking and refinement. In the meantime, we appreciate your continued feedback.
- Of particular note, deviants liked the change to More From This Artist, and disliked the changed position of the Favourites and Remove from Messages buttons.
- Feedback regarding the Profile Tab uplift was mixed. Some deviants mentioned a dislike for the "Submit" buttons on the Gallery and Journal tabs.