In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Sta.sh Writer and Comments (Beta Testers)
Email Verification for Account Security
- Clicking the "Contribute to Group" button on the deviation page would sometimes take users to that Group's Gallery. Fixed by $muteor
- The "Submitting to:" folder menu in the "Contribute to Group" modal did not open. Fixed by $helloandre
- Various issues with Commissions Widget and deviantART Points displays for logged out users were fixed. Fixed by `adahacker
- For Firefox users, using control+click (command+click, for Mac users) and control+shift+click on a thumbnail in a deviant's Gallery would not open the deviation in a new tab. Fixed by `shahyarg
- 'Limit' and 'Sold' stats were removed from the Commissions Widget. Fixed by $helloandre
- Publicly displayed birth dates were incorrect for a small number of users. Fixed by $yury-n
- After changing one's avatar from one's Profile Page, the pencil menu outline would still be visible. Fixed by `shahyarg
- There were some visual issues with error messages when submitting. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- One could still visit More Like This results for deleted deviations. Fixed by $helloandre
- When sharing a deviation on Twitter by using the Share button, the tweet would not include the artist's Twitter handle, even if they had their Twitter widget enabled. Fixed by $DEVlANT
Sta.sh / Submit
- For thumbnails of stacks where the top item is a Sta.sh Writer document, the thumbnail's title is no longer overridden by the stack's title. Fixed by $kouiskas
- When zooming in on an item in Sta.sh, browsing to the next one will keep the zoom preference. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Closed a loophole that allowed other users to view random Sta.sh item titles (but not any other content). Fixed by $drommk
- Clicking on a stack in the sidebar could break the sidebar and not show the stack's contents. Fixed by $kemayo
- The search box in the sidebar was not properly aligned after searching. Fixed by $kemayo
- Pressing backspace sometimes wouldn't delete a thumbnail. Fixed by $inazar
- When editing an old Journal entry, the button still said "Submit Journal" instead of "Update". Fixed by $kemayo
- When leaving a comment in Sta.sh, the Emoticons tab was selected initially, instead of the Conversation tab. Fixed by $kemayo
- There were some visual issues, when previewing a comment in Sta.sh. Fixed by $inazar
- Image controls could continue to display if they were visible when a Sta.sh comment was submitted. Fixed by $inazar
- Deviants were pleased with the launch of Undiscovered.
- Generally, deviants liked the launch of the new Write a Journal Entry page.
- Some deviants mentioned that they would like the setting for HTML or Rich-Text mode to be retained from one journal to another, rather than defaulting to Rich-Text mode each time one visits the page.
- Other deviants mentioned that they would like the Media sidebar to be closable, so that they can use it when they want to, but don't have to have it open if they don't want to.
- In response to the Discuss topic, some deviants said that they prefer to use HTML mode, and others replied saying they like to switch between HTML and Rich-Text modes.