In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
The New Suggestions Forum
- Ongoing improvements have been implemented toward intercepting and preventing spam posts. Fixed by muteor
- The password recovery screen did not display properly on the mobile website. Fixed by iconocrash
- When changing one's literature tag, the display on the Settings page did not immediately update. Fixed by szlosek
- There were some alignment issues on the "Forgot password?" page. Fixed by iconocrash
- .doc files were not always recognized as word documents when uploaded. Fixed by DEVlANT
- Long Gallery Folder titles were not displaying properly. Fixed by helloandre
- Under certain conditions, the Group Gallery sidebar would not display when viewing subfolders. Fixed by DEVlANT
- When submitting literature from the "Enter text" option on the Submit page, the line height of the preview would not match the line height of the published deviation. Fixed by fartprincess
- For Beta Testers, if a deviant was mentioned in a Journal, the Mention notification would only send if the Journal was posted in the Journals > Personal category. Fixed by randomduck
- The upper limit on the annotation tool's font size has been raised. Changed by mudimba
Sta.sh / Submit
- Some visual changes were made for consistency between Sta.sh, Sta.sh Writer, and deviantART muro. Fixed by kouiskas
- When viewing a PDF file in Sta.sh using a browser that doesn't support PDF display, the download link would link to the wrong location. Fixed by kouiskas
- Comment replies in Sta.sh had some visual issues. Fixed by inazar
- When using "Add Media", pasting a deviation link into the Link toolbar item wouldn't automatically convert it into a thumb. Fixed by inazar
- If you pressed your keyboard's arrow keys when editing a deviation description in Sta.sh, the next or previous item in your Sta.sh would be included in the description. Fixed by inazar
- Feedback regarding the changes to the new deviation page were positive.
- Deviants were generally positive about the launch of Mentions to Beta Testers, though a few deviants mentioned not wanting to receive Mentions. These deviants were pleased when informed there is a way to turn Mentions on or off from the Settings page.
- In response to the Discuss topic, several deviants mentioned that they find the Custom widget to be their most valuable widget. Some deviants also mentioned the deviantID widget, the Commissions widget, and the Poll widget.