In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
The New Way To Write Journals (Beta Testers Only)
Sta.sh Writer's toolbar and sidebar have been incorporated into the Write a Journal Entry page to make for a more dynamic journal creation experience! Some of the most highly requested features for the Journal submission page have been present in Sta.sh Writer for some time, such as rich-text formatting and a formatting toolbar. With Sta.sh Writer's advanced capability added, writing a Journal becomes even easier than before.
- There were some layout issues on the Premium Membership page. Fixed by yury-n
- Premium Membership notices have been visually improved. Fixed by allixsenos
- The "Add to Favourites" icon did not display properly in Internet Explorer 8. Fixed by shahyarg
- An error could occur when trying to view deviations that had Prints enabled. Fixed by allixsenos
- The category selector on the Write a Journal Entry page was not visibly clickable, and the modal to select a category had visual issues. Fixed by kemayo
- In certain circumstances, the Search bar would take focus when trying to type into the Deviant Login menu. Fixed by muteor
- Profile pages wouldn't display properly if the Journal widget was installed, but no Journals had been posted. Fixed by muteor
- On the Edit Prints page, editing the percentage on the "Update all royalties at once" field would only update the first price. Fixed by yury-n
- Logged out visitors to the Journal Portal would be prompted with a "Join deviantART" modal if there was a Journal flagged as mature content on the page. Fixed by shahyarg
- Under some conditions, the "Previous" and "Next" buttons on deviation pages would not redirect correctly when used after using the browser's back button. Fixed by muteor
- Deleting images from one's Portfolio could result in an error. Fixed by shadowhand
- Disqualification from a contest would not automatically move deviations out of that contest's category. Fixed by shahyarg
- .gif files can now be submitted to more categories. Fixed by yury-n
- The placement of some deviation images would cause the image to touch the top bar of the site. Fixed by muteor
- Browsers would try to autocomplete passwords, when buying from the Shop. Fixed by ZombieCoder
Sta.sh / Submit
- A "Print not enabled" message would display on items in Sta.sh. Fixed by kouiskas
- The warning shown when blocking third-party cookies was too light to read. Fixed by kouiskas
- When uploading an image, the instant preview displayed didn't respect EXIF rotation settings. Fixed by kouiskas
- When using the "Enter text" option of the Submit page, the downloadable file created was .txt when it should have been .html. Fixed by kouiskas
- Google Webfonts was updated. Fonts added between December and last week are now available. Fixed by kemayo
- The "Draw" option was missing from thumbnails when leaving comments in Sta.sh. Fixed by kemayo
- Clicking "Remove" on a thumbnail added from the sidebar would remove the image, but it would not place the cursor where the thumb had been. Fixed by Alisey
- Some weird behavior could occur when using the Writer toolbar to format text. Fixed by Alisey
- Pressing the tab button when leaving comments in Sta.sh would indent instead of moving focus to the "Submit Comment" button. Fixed by inazar
- Dragging files into a comment in Sta.sh would cause an error, instead of uploading the files. Fixed by inazar
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- Deviants were pleased with the introduction of Madefire to deviantART.
- Feedback regarding purchasing Premium Content varied. Some mentioned purchasing or selling adoptables, while others mentioned resources, such as textures or digital doll bases.
- Some deviants would like a way to find deviants with similar interests, based on similarities in their Favourites. Suggested by Jackartha
When visiting your own Gallery or the Gallery of another deviant, the section displayed by default is your Featured folder. Do you organize what appears in your Featured folder and what does not, or do you submit everything to your Featured folder? When looking at another deviant's Gallery, do you typically go directly to the "Browse" mode, or do you usually browse through their Featured folder and other folders?