In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Thumbnail Size Testing, Part 2 (Beta Testers)
The New Sta.sh Comments
- The "Add Comment" button would disappear when replying to comments on a deviation. Fixed by $shadowhand
- The Group Info button on some Groups pages was briefly not prompting the info to appear. Fixed by `Nodren
- When creating a new forum thread, the preview button was not working. Fixed by $shadowhand
- On Group blogs, the pencil menu for moderating comments was not available to Group administrators. Fixed by $kemayo and $yury-n
- The Message Center would appear blank for a short period of time on mobile devices. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Several modals were not opening or would display as broken. Fixed by `Nodren, `aMoniker and $kemayo
- Messaging was inconsistent on the error pages of deactivated and banned accounts. Fixed by $yury-n
- On the mobile site, the top header would cause overflow on some sections of the site. Fixed by $shadowhand
- For Opera web browsers, the "Send a Note" modal did not acknowledge that a note was sent. Fixed by $shahyarg
- The "blocked users" form on the settings page had unnecessary extra space. Fixed by `aMoniker
- Some Groups with a very high number of Gallery folders were unable to change settings on the Manage Members page. Fixed by $randomduck
- The Prints Submission page had some cosmetic issues. Fixed by $yury-n
- Notes folders were slow to load in Chrome. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Filetype restrictions were changed on some categories in the Contests and Resources galleries. Fixed by `aMoniker
- In some instances, the "To:" field was not automatically filled when sending a Note via profile. Fixed by $shadowhand
- The shadows on literature thumbnails were misaligned on Group gallery pages. Fixed by $shahyarg
- The More Like This thumbnail hover button's behavior has been improved for tablet devices. Fixed by $helloandre
- Errors would sometimes occur when a new drawing was started and the first autosave was attempted. Fixed by $mudimba
- Stacks with a large amount of items in them would sometimes not delete properly. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Broken-looking contest banners would appear on Sta.sh items that were saved with a contest category set. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Group journal RSS feeds contained unapproved entries instead of entries submitted through Writer. Fixed by $kemayo
- Group journals had a hard-to-trigger case where approving an entry to appear in one Group would also approve it for other Groups it had been submitted to. Fixed by $kemayo
- Dragging and dropping from the Writer sidebar would cause scrolling issues. Fixed by $Alisey
- For Windows users on Chrome, blocks of text followed by
could not be deleted using backspace. Fixed by $Alisey
- Image tags would display for artwork in thumbnails. Fixed by $Alisey
- Several members mentioned that they don't change their page settings particularly often, though some mentioned that their deviantID or avatar may change based on mood or changes in the style of art they create.
- Members would like to be able to sort stacks in their message center based on how many messages are in each stack. Suggested by =GospodinP
- Some deviants would like to be able to mark messages in their Message Center as read. Suggested by ~Jjaystar94
- Deviants would like animation frame support for deviantART muro. Suggested by `Krissi001
- Some members would like to have an "Invite to Group" button on profiles, to make inviting deviants an easier process. Suggested by *Sarah-BK
- For artists, what type of prices do you normally charge?
- How do you prefer to pay or receive payments?
- How many commission "slots" do you typically have open at a time?
- How do you prefer to communicate between artist and client? Via deviantART Notes? Email? IM?