In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Uplifting the Profile Tabs (Beta Testers)
- Ads on deviation pages were misbehaving and appearing outside of their proper locations in some situations. Fixed by shahyarg
- Creating a new Group Gallery Folder and immediately navigating to that folder would result in an error. Fixed by helloandre
- Double clicking on the 'Purchase' button on the Premium Content modal would result in a double purchase. Fixed by shadowhand
- The Help Desk's contact form would not notify a deviant if they were using an unsupported browser. Fixed by fartprincess
- The "Watches you" badge would appear when browsing by Artists on More Like This results. Fixed by helloandre
- The .ASL filetype could not be uploaded to the Photoshop Actions category. Fixed by DEVlANT
- There were some display issues with Critiques in the Message Center. Fixed by fartprincess
- On certain pages around the site, middle-clicking on a thumbnail would open the deviation in the same tab, rather than in a new one. Fixed by helloandre
- Previewing replies to several comments in the Message Center and then replying to one would trigger a comment submission error. Fixed by fartprincess
- Links to some categories resulted in 404 errors for a brief period. Fixed by helloandre
- For a brief period, some Profile Pages containing the Critique widget were broken. Fixed by fartprincess
- For deviants who changed their username, the old username would not redirect to their Profile properly. Fixed by shadowhand
- Links to the Super Group upgrade page, the Contest gallery, and the Film gallery would trigger an error for a brief period. Fixed by helloandre
Sta.sh / Submit
- When uploading film, the rotating image at the center of the "processing film" icon would rotate off-center under certain circumstances. Fixed by kouiskas
- When viewing stacks, the drop zones to move thumbnails is much bigger than before, for easier dragging and dropping. Fixed by kouiskas
- When dragging a thumbnail to the beginning or the end of a stack or your main Sta.sh area, the drop zone is now much bigger than before, for easier item placement. Fixed by kouiskas
- The image on stacks would continue to change even when the stack was being dragged. Fixed by kouiskas
- The "No Preview" image was styled incorrectly on the Submit page. Fixed by kouiskas
- Stacks created by merging a selection could not be selected as a place to drop files. Fixed by kouiskas
- Trying to post two comments in a row on a deviant's Profile wouldn't work. Fixed by inazar
- When leaving a comment, the page would not automatically scroll to view the newly-posted comment. Fixed by inazar
- When previewing text in Internet Explorer, paragraphs would have incorrect margins. Fixed by inazar
- Internet Explorer 8 is no longer supported when posting comments or Journals. Internet Explorer 8 users will see the old comment box display and Write a Journal entry page. Fixed by kemayo
- Image thumbnails were briefly working in signatures. Fixed by inazar
- After clicking "Submit Comment", one could click back into the comment box. Fixed by kemayo
- In response to the Earnings page changes currently in beta testing, several deviants offered suggestions for improvements they'd like to see made, including wanting to be able to see who purchased from them, in addition to when the purchases were made.
- Feedback varied in response to the Discuss topic. The deviants who said they use folders in Notes mentioned using several folders and/or subfolders, but many deviants mentioned they did not use folders at all, and some were surprised to hear that folders were an option in Notes to begin with.
- Several deviants mentioned wanting to be able to search in Notes, and some deviants mentioned wanting easier methods to delete Notes.