Valentine's Day Art Exchange
It's time to get out the virtual glitter and cyber candy hearts, because Valentine's Day is nearly upon us! The Valentine Exchange is back, allowing you to create valentines for your fellow deviants to send to their special someones. Start creating now in preparation for the big day!
Read more »
Editing Links in Sta.sh Writer
Editing links in Sta.sh Writer is now easier than ever! Click on a link in your document and a URL box will appear, from which you can easily change the URL that text will link to.
- When viewing a deviation from the Message Center, usernames displayed in comments would be an incorrect color. Fixed by fartprincess
- When viewing a Flash deviation with audio, navigating to another deviation using the "Next" or "Previous" button would not stop playback. Fixed by elhsmart
- Commenting on the mobile website was briefly broken. Fixed by inazar
- For a short time period, replying to a comment in the Message Center would unexpectedly refresh the whole page. Fixed by fartprincess
- Some deviations were located in an outdated category, and consequently were not appearing in Browse. These deviations have been moved to current categories. Fixed by iconocrash
- In the Prints Shop, the Finish, Size, and Shape options would not affect the results displayed unless a specific art category was selected. Fixed by elhsmart
- Commenting with nothing but '0' would create a blank comment. Fixed by lepidosteus
- When viewing "All" in a deviant's Gallery, the category tree was briefly missing. Fixed by drommk
- A very rare error occurred that prevented a small number of deviants from adding certain deviations to their Favourites. Fixed by elhsmart
- When requesting a Commission through the Commissions Widget, the text area could be resized to be larger than the modal window. Fixed by lepidosteus
- Some subcategories in the Resources & Stock Images gallery erroneously did not accept .zip files. Fixed by lepidosteus and iconocrash
- Drop menus on the Manage Members page in Groups had some visual inconsistencies. Fixed by DEVlANT
- A small number of Journals disappeared from users' Featured Journals section, and would appear to be missing entirely. Fixed by yury-n
- Premium Memberships were granted to all deviants who sent a card for the Holiday Card Project. Done by elhsmart
- When uploading a file to an already existing stack, it was not possible to enter the stack while the file was still uploading. Fixed by drommk
- When uploading a file to a stack, that stack would always move to the top of one's Sta.sh, even if it had been deliberately moved elsewhere. Fixed by drommk
- When hovering over an item, using ctrl+click (command+click for Mac) on the "View" hovercard button did not open the item in a new tab. Fixed by kemayo
- After clicking "Done" on a drawing, deviants can now choose to view the file in Sta.sh, or go directly to the Submit page. Changed by mudimba
- The Crop tool had a bug that could make brushes work incorrectly after the image was cropped. Fixed by mudimba
- When hovered over, images embedded in Sta.sh Writer now have the same "Thumb" and "Remove" buttons that deviations and Sta.sh files have. Changed by Alisey
- SoundCloud embeds would vanish if you pasted something else into the document after adding the embed. Fixed by kemayo
- The @username autocomplete menu would erroneously try to show up if one's caret was placed inside an existing link. Fixed by kemayo
- The "Click to add description" text was not appearing on deviation description boxes in Sta.sh. Fixed by inazar
- The Add Media tool wasn't working on Forum posts. Fixed by inazar
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update!
- Feedback regarding the addition of Google Analytics was generally positive, although some deviants voiced concerns about it being a mandatory addition. To clarify, adding Google Analytics to your Profile Page is an optional feature, a method for deviants to view in-depth stats that are not already provided on deviantART, should they so choose.
- Deviants were positive about the additional brushes in deviantART muro as well as the addition of SoundCloud embedding.
- Some deviants would like to be able to create or implement custom brushes in deviantART muro. Suggested by Panhead13
What are your favorite tools to use when creating art, and why do you favor those tools in particular? Be it a specific brush or pen, camera or software, with what do you enjoy creating most?
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)