In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Visual Update to Stacks in Sta.sh
Removal of the Group Twitter Widget
Addressing Spam Concerns
- When editing a Group's Affiliates, drop-down menus in the modal did not open properly when clicked. Fixed by $yury-n
- On the Llama Trade page, long usernames were getting cut off. Fixed by $iconocrash
- The email verification banner would not load at the same time as the rest of the page. Fixed by $muteor
- The top of a deviant's Gallery and Favourites pages were cut off in Internet Explorer 8 and 9. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Assorted visual issues with the Channels page were fixed. Fixed by $iconocrash
- Some Message Center links did not respond to a mouse's middle click. Fixed by $helloandre
- The Critique modal did not scroll easily on small screens. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- Some deviations without prints were displayed in the "More from this Artist" section of Prints Product pages. Fixed by $iconocrash
Sta.sh / Submit
- When selecting a single item from Sta.sh, the short url would be missing from the hover card. Fixed by $drommk
- When opening a Sta.sh item from a direct link, the delete button wouldn't work. Fixed by $kouiskas
- When selecting multiple items in Sta.sh, clicking on "Selected (n)" would incorrectly rename the items to that. Fixed by $drommk
- Deleted Sta.sh items that were linked to in Sta.sh Writer documents could still be accessed. Fixed by $drommk
- Any non-clickable point in Sta.sh can now be used as a starting point for selecting multiple files. Fixed by $drommk
- Clicking an item while holding down a modifier key wouldn't just act on the selection. Fixed by $drommk
- Files that had just been uploaded could not be attached as assets for Premium Content. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Some deviants were seeing deviations that belonged to other deviants in their "successfully scheduled" tabs. Fixed by $drommk
- Trying to drag an item from the sidebar would fail if you started dragging from the highlight surrounding the item. Fixed by $kemayo
- For Beta Testers, closing and then expanding a comment box could make the "Add Media" button unresponsive. Fixed by $inazar
- HTML was not working properly when leaving comments. Fixed by $inazar
- The content in comment boxes would not resize when the window size was changed. Fixed by $inazar
- Generally, deviants were pleased with the "Watches You" bubble.
- In regard to the Discuss topic, most deviants who commented said they were opposed to usernames autocompleting while being typed. We believe this reaction was partly due to a lack of clarity in the Site Update on our part.
- What we intended to refer to was something similar to what already occurs on the Notes page, when you start to type in the username of a deviant to whom you want to send a Note. Several deviants suggested a menu of that sort, so that you could easily type or select a username from your Watch list.