In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
- For deviants with rebilling enabled on their Premium Membership, the Rebilling page would display an incorrect setting status on the day before rebilling occurred. Fixed by yury-n
- For a brief period, dashes would be unintentionally stripped from deviation titles. Fixed by Alisey
- When inputting text into the Real Name field of the deviantID widget, it would only allow 4 letters of the Cyrillic alphabet. Fixed by Alisey
- Some Gallery Folder thumbnails would only load after scrolling down the page. Fixed by lepidosteus
- Some Forum threads were created without titles and could not be closed. Fixed by Alisey
- In Sta.sh Writer, pressing backspace between two differently styled sections of text would add unnecessary markup. Fixed by Alisey
Thank you for the feedback on last week's Site Update! Here's some of what you had to say.
- Deviants were positive about the relocation of the Fan Fiction category to the Literature gallery.
- In response to the Discuss topic, several deviants mentioned that they did not gauge any perceived success in regard to their Collections, outside of whether or not it is personally useful to them.
Welcoming New Deviants
Earlier this week, we posted a Poll asking about what most positively impacts people who are new to deviantART, be it a welcome message, getting a Favourite notification, or other things. In addition to your thoughts on that question, we'd also like to know how you think we could make the new user experience better! What do you think we can do to make new deviants feel more welcome and have a positive first experience?
(Hello there by IngridTan)
Have a suggestion, idea, or feedback? Leave a comment here!
Check out a list of common suggestions!
Want to keep track of known issues? Check out our Status Forum!
Find a bug? Report it to the Help Desk! (Be as detailed as possible!)