In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
The New deviantART Mobile Site
- You can Browse art, check your Message Center, reply to Notes, browse your friends' Profiles and Galleries, visit the Forums, view today's Daily Deviations and do almost everything else you can on the desktop version of the site!
- The drop down menu usually located in the top left corner of the site can be accessed by tapping on the deviantART logo, allowing you to easily access familiar tools without complication.
- You can find wallpapers for your phone using the "Wallpaper" app available in the main menu!
- The Message Center is located in one place, which makes responding to comments and browsing art and Journals a quick, easy experience. Deviants who enjoy viewing their Message Center one section at a time can tap on the arrow next to "Messages" at the top of the Message Center. This will prompt the Message Center's left sidebar to appear and allow selection one section of the Message Center to view at a time.
- Journal Skin designers, if you'd like control how your skin looks in a mobile browser, learn how to use our new mobile media queries.
Prints Integration on Deviation Pages
The New Submit Art Page (Beta Testers Only)
More Improvements to More Like This (Beta Testers Only)
- The text entry box for Notes had a very narrow fixed width, and was not resizable. Fixed by shahyarg
- Users were briefly unable to receive Birthday Cake badges. Fixed by KnightAR
- The "Show All Groups" link on deviation pages was not working while browsing using the "next" and "previous" buttons. Fixed by shadowhand
- The Share dropdown menu on deviation pages and the Facebook and Tumblr Share buttons in the footer were broken while while browsing using the "next" and "previous" buttons. Fixed by aMoniker
- The Stick Menu did not display properly in IE8, and instead displayed blank space. Fixed by shahyarg
- The Daily Deviation page did not display some taller-than-normal portraits correctly when the page first loaded. Fixed by shahyarg
- The oEmbed API did not contain data for the "moderate" setting for Mature Content. Fixed by randomduck
- The tool buttons have been upgraded to a new look. Designed by zilla774, implemented by mudimba
- A bug related to missing thumbs and previews on drawings was identified. Fixed by sgrahamUK
- When changing the main file of an item originally uploaded through an app, the app attribution will now be cleared. Fixed by kouiskas
- Non-Latin characters are now cleanly stripped from uploaded items' titles, as deviation titles still only support latin characters. Fixed by kouiskas
- When going inside a stack, into an item, and then back to the stack, uploading a file inside the stack would put the file in Sta.sh instead of the stack. Fixed by kouiskas
- Thumbnails of literature submitted through Sta.sh Writer appearing in stacks in the Message Center would have misaligned stack corners. Fixed by kemayo
- Menus in Sta.sh Writer have been changed to be a little more responsive; you can now mouse from one to another without having to click. Fixed by kemayo
- Classes are now allowed on span tags, for skinning purposes. Fixed by Alisey
- Efficiency of fetching your Friends List in Sta.sh Writer's sidebar has been improved; less unnecessary data is pulled, and the menu builds faster. Fixed by kemayo and inazar
- The most common response regarding the friends system was that deviants would like an easy way to separate lists of who they watch from lists of deviants who are their friends. DramiraDarkthorn mentioned that this could also be applied to the Message Center, where new messages from friends could be listed before the general watch section.
- Kitsunechann and Yamitora1 suggested that an easy means of managing and organizing one's friendslist would be helpful, and ShapeShifter314 mentioned that being able to search through one's friends list would be useful as well.
- Some deviants would like stacks within folders in their Message Center. Suggested by Krisoyo
- A search function in Group galleries would be helpful. Suggested by IcyPheonix
- Deviants would like notes sent to Groups to be included in their Sent Notes folder. Suggested by alexpeanut and Magical525
- It would be helpful to be able to add keywords to Groups, so that they can be found more easily when searching in the Groups Portal. Suggested by MartinSilvertant
- Some members would like to apply custom CSS to their Gallery's Featured folder. Suggested by Veroom