In our continuous effort to improve the deviantART experience, we're publishing weekly Site Updates to keep members informed and to gather feedback. Below is a list of recent changes to the site, bug fixes, and feedback that was brought up by members in the last Site Update.
Celebrate deviantART's 13th Birthday!
Coming Soon: Public Deviation Keywords
Making keywords public will give deviants more accountability when submitting a deviation by encouraging them to add accurate keywords to describe the artwork -- ultimately improving the quality of search results. Displaying keywords will also allow members to create common terms around a specific topic or event (for example SharkWeek or ComicCon2013). We also want to give viewers a way to discover more artwork around a common topic.
An added benefit of this change is that it will make search engines (such as Google and Bing) aware of the keywords on deviantART, bringing more traffic to your artwork.
- Various tools were implemented for the 13th Birthday events. Added by $fartprincess, $kemayo, and $DEVlANT
- When on a deviant's Profile Page, their real name will now display in the browser's page title if they have provided it. Added by `adahacker
- Several visual and functional improvements were made to the uplift to the Profile Tabs currently in beta testing. Fixed by $shadowhand
- Critiques could not be left on Film deviations. Fixed by $DEVlANT
- Editing individual Profile Page widgets did not work when editing the full Profile Page. Fixed by $fartprincess
- Some links to the Forum were briefly broken. Fixed by $helloandre
- There was no "Processing" notification for embedded Film deviations. Fixed by $yury-n
- The Critique modal did not give a warning before closing if the Escape key was pressed while text was entered. Fixed by $fartprincess
- Hitting "Reply" in the Forums did not open a text box on the mobile website. Fixed by $fartprincess
- Browsing deviations by using the "Next" and "Previous" buttons would not work properly if a user logged in or out from another browser tab while doing so. Fixed by $yury-n
- Critiques would not break up super long words, leading to display issues. Fixed by $fartprincess
- Errors would occur when trying to name or change the title of a Gallery subfolder. Fixed by $yury-n
- Small layout and wording changes were made to the deviantID and User Info widgets. Fixed by `adahacker
- When an error page was reached from a fav.me URL, the site header would not appear. Fixed by $fartprincess
- There would be no spacing between links included in one's Poll widget. Fixed by $shadowhand
- When viewing a Print being sold in Calendar format, the preview images for individual months were missing. Fixed by $helloandre
Sta.sh / Submit
- In Safari 5.1.7 for Windows, nothing would happen when trying to select an option from the pencil menu on the Edit page. Fixed by $kouiskas
- Scheduled submissions that failed to submit properly would become active again after refreshing the page. Fixed by $drommk
- Unnecessary ellipses would appear within titles of Sta.sh files. Fixed by $drommk
- Long titles could not be correctly edited after having been truncated. Fixed by $drommk
- Ending a Sta.sh item's title with a space would cause an error. Fixed by $kouiskas
- The Write a Journal Entry page will now retain your Rich-Text or HTML Mode setting. Fixed by $kemayo
- Sta.sh Writer would not always load properly, when editing Journals submitted with the old Journal editor. Fixed by $inazar
- Some issues with loading speed were fixed. Fixed by $inazar
- Putting specific search queries into the emoticon sidebar search (such as "favby:username") would produce broken results. Fixed by $kemayo
- Feedback regarding the Profile Tab uplift currently in beta testing was mixed. Several deviants mentioned a dislike for the "Submit" buttons on the Gallery and Journal tabs.
- Deviants generally liked the idea of being able to add skins to their Portfolio.
- Some deviants mentioned wanting to add Film deviations to their Portfolio.