Improving Communication on deviantART
One of deviantART's strongest assets is the community's ability to bring self-expression into conversation, pushing the boundaries of creativity to a new level. Today, we've improved creative communication by launching a new way to comment on deviantART, with access to formatting, emoticons, and, for Premium Members, the ability to include artwork and files in your comments.
A Creative Approach to Conversation
Sta.sh Writer has been integrated into comments on deviantART in the form of the new "Add Media" button. As you may know, Sta.sh Writer allows rich text editing of literature and journal deviations on deviantART, and we are excited to expand this functionality to more areas of the site.
- Add formatting to comments with the formatting toolbar!
- The Emoticons tab of the sidebar gives you access to official emoticons, as well as community-created emoticons in the Chat-Friendly Emotes category.
- Premium Members can add images to comments using the "Add Media" sidebar.
- The Conversation tab shows deviations already included on the page.
- The Sta.sh tab shows items in your Sta.sh.
- The deviantART tab shows deviations from anywhere on deviantART. Up to five deviations can be included in a comment.
- Easily switch between standard comments and rich-text comments by using the Add Media and Hide Media buttons.
Use "Add Media" when commenting to harness the power of Sta.sh Writer in your conversation.